View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 06:57 PM   #39
xkalelx

Drives: 2013 BRZ black
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
EUREKA!

It was all in the junk OE recirc valve that was leaking/not engaging properly. Installed a new TurboSmart Plumb Back BOV. See photos below. @King Tut Im so happy right now! I did an EVAP delete, and routed the the under manifold vacuum port straight to the recirc valve. Boost comes on stronger, at earlier RPMs, and consistently.

I am recommending that anyone running an EFR with integrated BOV to upgrade to this little gizmo. It works splendidly.

Side note: I discovered some oil on the throttle body even though Im running a dual catch can setup :/ Ill have to do some digging there.

Thanks for everyone's help! Back to Dynosty for more fine tuning and ethanol!

Oil :/

Managed to do everything with just unbolting the TB. Didnt have to touch the AC comp.

Reused the OEM rubber line coming off the bottom of the intake, clocked 180deg to account for the elbow. Used a barbed splice and some new 7/32" rubber vacuum line to get it to the BOV. Notice the blue zip tie at the barb. kinda hard to see.

See you later sucker.

No idea why that spring is rusting. I think its an indication of it not working right and leaking boost.

New parts! WOOOOO