View Single Post
Old 09-10-2025, 10:51 AM   #9
RToyo86
Senior Member
 
RToyo86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Drives: 17 Asphalt 86
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 2,421
Thanks: 1,907
Thanked 2,676 Times in 1,307 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Enthusiast View Post
Be careful with that now. With the extra tariffs and the end of the de-minimis exemption, it might end up costing a lot more. There's a story on the new GR forum about somebody getting hit with a hefty fee a week ago.

I was worried about it so ordered some track pads a couple of months ago (Project Mu 999, 2 front sets and 1 rear set). Turned out to be a good move.
We don't get nailed that hard with import from japan.
For us in Canada buying from the US is often the equivalent of your current situation buying from japan. We get hammered in the conversion rates plus import.

I love supporting companies this side of the pond as much as possible but most US companies I've priced out pads from come up near 2x price for mx72+ vs buying them direct from japan. Sad days.
RToyo86 is offline   Reply With Quote