View Single Post
Old 03-31-2023, 06:21 PM   #38
geraldjust

Drives: MR2, Sliver BRZ
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-S2GT86 View Post
No, actually I am fully licensed with RaceRom. I have it so that I can learn the basics of tuning and what the Pro ECU software can do. But I'm definitely not learning at the risk of damaging my own engine so this current tune has been hired out.

In an effort to learn, and prior to hiring out my FF/FI tune, I experimented for a little while before installing my flex fuel sensor and ethanol content analyzer and while I was still naturally aspirated, on things that would not threaten the reliability of the engine, involving a different MAP sensor and different accelerator trim settings.

You seem to be freaking out so much about this. But let me propose you this hypothetical......

Can your tuner open up a stock euro ROM? Can he not transfer over all the fuel map tables and everything else needed including how you're currently set up with your flex fuel from the USDM rom the euro ROM? Then, can you not then flash that same euro ROM into your ECU?

The only thing that will change is the CID and the CVN number. BUT if your in a state that checks for CID and CVN number for emissions, you would be screwed either way regardless of them doing this.

I made FF kits for both gen1 and gen2 cars. The Canbus difference is not a huge deal to implement. Trust me they will find a way. There are other inputs that can be worked in.

This is probably the best compromise that we could have. We are extremely lucky that our ecu can be flashed with any other markets files. Not sure about other platforms they have, but they already support canbus on alot of others.
DocWalt (03-31-2023)