Old 03-29-2023, 10:52 AM   #26
DocWalt

Drives: '22 BRZ
Thanked 1,484 Times in 773 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-S2GT86 View Post
I see that according to your build thread that you aren't running ethanol, nor FI, so I can understand how this really wouldn't concern you at the moment, but I'm running both, and my tune is 100% MAF based, so I am perfectly within my right to bring this up as a concern.

Cobb isn't using ECUTEK, they use their own proprietary software, Accessport, a completely different tool with slightly different features to do the job. And they don't specialize in this platform because they wanted to focus only on FI Subarus from factory and basically let all of the other existing tuning platforms run this roost. I don't plan on switching over to Cobb Accessport at this point especially now that they are being targeted as well by the EPA and holding off on support for flex fuel tuning, according to complaints I've read.

Here's what I've read on this particular subject:
https://www.cobbtuning.com/green-speed-updates-faqs/

Now if ECUTEK could integrate a feature that would allow us to connect a flex fuel ethanol content sensor to our ECU without hijacking the O2 or CPC sensor, and allow us to tune using the MAF for its original intended purpose, then the problem would not be as bad as it appears it will be.

I'm curious if you know the details in how Cobb interfaces with the ethanol content sensor. Could you please explain here?

My build thread car is *long* gone... Just never got around to making new threads. I've been at this game a LONG time across many platforms, I'm very familiar with what can and can't be done. So don't make assumptions... and don't assume I was saying you're not within your rights to bring this up

Cobb is owned by the same parent company as EcuTEK. Cobb has posted many teasers on social media about Flex Fuel coming back...

What does MAF based tuning have to do with anything anyway? MAF scaling won't magically go away, will it?

All of that said, just run a worldwide ROM like everyone is telling you to do. If your tuner won't do that, it's on them. It doesn't matter if you have a USDM car, I had a worldwide ROM on my first gen.
DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote