Quote:
Originally Posted by BEZO760
Hey all, I'm running the OFT v1 Stage 2+ e85 tune on my 2016 FRS (auto.. It is what it is) anywho.. I love it so far and have no problems, but I do miss (neighbors don't) my obnoxiously loud cold start. I have a JDL UEL header and a full exhaust replacement using Invidia/Tomei/JDL aftermarket parts, so that cold start you can imagine was up there in the decibels.
I got to talking to a buddy of mine and he said that it is possible to play with the tune to get the cold start back. I don't know how and don't know if it's possible, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible though.
If any of you experienced folk have some knowledge with regards to this that would be awesome!
I did read/scan this whole thread and couldn't find anything but it was 4:30am when I started reading so I could have easily missed what I was looking for. Thanks in advanced!
|
Cant remember the exact file but I recall that it retarded the timing during cold start to warm up the cat. from memory it retarded the timing by up to -10deg It was a single line of cells in the table that was change from -10 on STD rom to something like +4 deg in STG2 then copy and paste the all the cells to your E85 tune. Just make sure scale across the top and down the left side is the same on both roms. You can find it in Rom Raider by comparing the STG2 and Standard rom. I would look for you but im not near my computer. NOTE.... the file is not the ignition transient retard file, that file is to stop detonation during hi rpm gear changes.
Sorry cant be of more help until next week when I can look it up for you if you want to send me a P.M then. Do you have Rom Raider? .
Cheers Geoff.