View Single Post
Old 03-23-2020, 11:38 AM   #637
Compelica

Drives: 86 GT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytduc View Post
Try this, pull the headliner down in the rear like you did and you will see near the side airbag 3 10mm bolts. Tighten them down alittle bit more and the ticking noise should go away. 6 bolts total 3 on each side. Had the same problem and now FIXED!
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocityorange View Post
This absolutely worked for me after I had tried every other other single thing suggested on this forum. My big mistake was thinking the sound was in the parcel shelf or trunk (boot) area. It was my son riding in the back who said it was coming from the roof. Thanks tonytduc!

I undid the 3 bolts each side that secure the roof crossbeam to the C pillar internal metal supports, hit them with a spot of lithium grease, slightly prised apart the join with out deforming it to get a bit of grease in there too, then replaced the bolts and did them up tight. The annoying constant tick ticking sound has vanished. It drove me so crazy I thought I could still hear it after it had gone, but it has definitely gone. Ah, the serenity!
Hey guys... mine's a 2015 JDM 86 and it's finally started to tick on me.

After looking at a bunch of posts from here I'm certain mine is coming from the roof crossmember at the 3 bolt location. However I'm not confident that I can pull out the entire headliner without damaging anything, would anybody know if I could just the airbag trim and pull the headliner partially to access those bolts?

Thanks in advance!
Compelica is offline   Reply With Quote