Old 08-02-2019, 01:21 AM   #80
APEX Race Parts
FT86Club Official Vendor

Drives: Launch-Year Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timurrrr View Post
Exciting news! Although I'm worried that anything bigger than 17x9 would be too heavy for NA power.

Any chance to see FL-5/SM-10 in 17x9? I love those designs.
I appreciate the support! Our current 17x9" wheels certainly appeal to a large audience, and we will continue to stock them in healthy quantities. They can be used with a wide array of tires, most often 245/40-17, and clear the performance package Brembos along with a host of aftermarket BBK's. They are a good bolt-on solution, which typically do not require any supporting modifications.

With that said, there are track enthusiasts and racers out there looking to maximize grip, and sidewall support is important. Not all compounds are created equal, and as others have mentioned below, 9.5" wheels will typically result in superior sidewall support, handling feedback and wear patterns. Track junkies and racers looking for 9.5" wheels will already have aftermarket suspension (which often provide more inner clearance) and negative camber dialed in, so those supporting modifications aren't really thought of as a barrier.

17x9.5" wheels will work well for those looking to run 255/40-17 (and possibly even some 245/40-17's slicks that run real wide), and 18x9.5" wheels will work well with 255/35-18 and 265/35-18.

Aside from wider 17" wheel widths and introducing wheels in an 18" diameter, we are also working on adding a new wheel design to our 86/BRZ offering. Stay tuned and keep the feedback rolling in. We want to ensure we are bringing the community something of value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcawley View Post
anyone have a picture of the anthracite wheels on a galaxy blue silica or ultramarine?

Also, looking at putting firehawk indy 500s on in 245/40/R17. Anyone tried this size on stock suspension? any rub issues?
Anthracite looks killer on blue cars. We may not have a ton of photos specifically of Anthracite ARC-8s on galaxy blue silica or ultramarine, but there are a ton of photos available in our APEX Flickr album featuring Anthracite wheels on blue cars. Hopefully, that helps with your decision making. I'm also a big fan of silver wheels on blue - very clean look with a good amount of contrast. Of course at the end of the day, it all comes down to personal preferences and your vision for the car.

Here is what I have on hand:

245/40-17 Firehwak Indy 500's will fit just fine on stock suspension.

- Ryan

Phone: 925.245.0773 | experts@apexwheels.com | Website | Instagram | Facebook | Blog
APEX Race Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to APEX Race Parts For This Useful Post:
Icecreamtruk (08-07-2019)