Old 12-14-2018, 12:12 PM   #40
funwheeldrive

Drives: BANNED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH
Thanked 3,022 Times in 1,409 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecreamtruk View Post
Basically, I think for most people its a mix of too heavy for the power it makes, and placed too far foward. Adding FI only compounds to more weight forward. While it works, and as you just said, its one of the best 4cyl engines out there currently, it can be better. At least thats what my problems with it are. I want a lighter car that can corner even better, but I also want more power so I can add more aero to the car, those two upgrades seem to go agaisnt each other. More power = more weight, usually high up and forward, less weight is usually everywhere but the front of the car, so as it gets lighter, the center of mass moves forward. This is just for me, it may not apply to anyone else at all, or it may be a shared opinion.
I think those are all valid points. With a lightweight battery, spare tire delete, and lightweight wheels it's possible to get the car close to 2,6XXlbs and with the addition of header and tune you can get the car close to 200whp especially if you have access to e85. In my opinion that's pretty respectable for a car that costs 25k new in 2018

This seems like a solid swap because in my opinion the K24 is one of the best 4 cylinder engines ever made, but just because the fa20 isn't as good as the K24 doesn't make the fa20 garbage in my opinion.
funwheeldrive is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to funwheeldrive For This Useful Post:
Icecreamtruk (12-14-2018), Irace86.2.0 (12-14-2018), Joesurf79 (12-14-2018), venturaII (12-14-2018)