View Single Post
Old 05-26-2018, 11:22 PM   #860
Conti93

Drives: Toyota GT86 First Edition 53/86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thank you very much Steve for your work.

For anyone wondering, the ZA1JF10I (late 2015 italian AT) uses the same def as the Subaru counterpart ZA1JF20Q, and can be replaced with ZA1JA01I for logging purposes as per Steve post.
I've attached to this post the original ROM in case anyone needs it.

By the way, tonight I flashed a MY17 GT86 with my Tactrix and the ZA1JK00G OFTv4.03 ROM, and I've encountered a strange problem.
After the first flash and two logs I decided to pull some timing and exhaust retard since it was knocking quite heavily. I proceeded with the second reflash, and after that the car refused to start, cranking repeatedly without firing up.
So I reflashed the stock ROM, and after that no cranking at all, only DCT B1571 "Immobilizer key check NG"

After losing 10 years of life in an hour, since the car is of a friend of mine, I performed the "ECU communication ID registration" (also described in the ECU replacement thread) and all is well now.
Isn't that supposed to happen only when flashing an older rom to a MY17 or newer car?
The rom and definitions used are attached to this post. First one worked, second one triggered security lock. Is that possible?

The only thing I found is this, which states a "checksum fix" performed on that definition. Can a wrong checksum trigger the security lock?
Attached Files
File Type: zip ZA1JF10I.zip (491.7 KB, 153 views)
File Type: zip ZA1JK00G OFTv4 mod.zip (1.00 MB, 160 views)
Conti93 is offline   Reply With Quote