Old 10-22-2016, 01:20 AM   #65
SVXdc
Radio wiring harness guru

Drives: 1996 SVX L AWD
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma147 View Post
I'm going to attempt to install the Joying 5.1.1 model today.

I'm not sure what wire this is. It's black and blue and attaches to a metal bracket on the OEM Head Unit.
That is a supplemental chassis ground. Most Subaru HU's have had those for many years.

The ground lead on the 10-pin portion of the power/speaker harness is adequate. But if you re-use the factory metal brackets, on many models there is a similar ground lug tab on the lefthand bracket which you can attach the ground harness onto. The 2013-2015 BRZ models with Fujitsu Ten navigation HUs did not. I don't know about 2016 or 2017 BRZ, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma147 View Post
I'm thinking this is the steering wheel control cable. It's a small pink wire that is taped to the 28pin OEM harness
It's very unlikely that harness with the pink wire transitioning to black is related to SWCs. A better guess is that's either for the speaker amp trigger or FM antenna booster amplifier, both of which can wind up at different places at the HU, depending on car model.

There will be many other pink wires running throughout the car that are other signals -- there are only so many wire colors, so they will be repeated.