Quote:
Originally Posted by solidONE
so you're saying you're running good on costco fuel? What octane? What kind of IAT are you seeing since fueling up at costco?
|
To be clear, I wasn't seeing any drops in my adv multiplier on shell, just a bit more tip in knock at low rpm than I'd prefer to see. I decided that I was going to try different fuel from the Shell I had been using. Costco is VERY inconvenient for me as I live a good 30 minutes away from there and I go over there infrequently at best. IAT's had been in the 90's but lately we've had some cooler days in the 60's and 70's which most likely had a larger impact than fuel brand. I filled up with Costco since I was there and I wanted to give it a shot. 93 octane and its been running perfectly ever since. Temps are starting to go back up with yesterday being in the 90's again. I haven't taken a log in a couple of days but I'll get one hopefully sometime today. That being said, it is VERY noticeable on hot days when the car isn't running like it "should" be. There is a very distinct audible change at highway cursing sound which coincides with the larger trim adjustments I see on LTFT's and STFT's when monitoring with Torque. Yes I know torque isn't as good as taking an actual log but its not to hard to see a difference when you are running +-2% trim when everything is nice and quiet and running smoothly and the -+6 to 7% accompanied with increased noise. I personally think some of the gas stations around me got either more ethanol in their 93 than intended or they have been giving us crap gas for the last two months, either way I haven't noticed any issues with Costco.
I have been looking at the advance compensation tables for Intake Air Temperature like @
steve99 suggested but I wanted to try a different fuel before I started monkeying around with tables. Simple solutions first!