View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 12:13 AM   #14
JonAvalon
SCBYD0
 
JonAvalon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Drives: 18 BRZ (WRB)
Location: Dallas,TX
Posts: 544
Thanks: 1,375
Thanked 240 Times in 167 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
I can't really give some technical data on the subject. But i did some drag racing at the track a few weeks ago. Most of my runs were in manual mode and yes it was slower off the line with traction on. Throttle and accelerations felt like an eternity.

But when i switched to auto mode with sport mode on (traction on) it felt better and yes i was doing the brake gas launch.

Here is a view where you can see me launch (auto & sport mode). I thought i did a decent job launching, acceleration felt good. But of course with the lack of power and tall gears it's still going to be slow. I'm sure with the SSP's upgrades and a tune would help out a little bit.
[ame="http://youtu.be/Y3TnIdzy1wk"]http://youtu.be/Y3TnIdzy1wk[/ame]
JonAvalon is offline   Reply With Quote