View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 12:53 AM   #6021
Target70
Senior Member
 
Target70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Drives: 2013 Asphalt 6spd
Location: Mid GA
Posts: 783
Thanks: 265
Thanked 366 Times in 240 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojhinn View Post
Those of you without fog lamps are making this look easy.
if it makes you feel any better, It took me a lot longer than 10 minutes.
hell it took me over an hour just to cut out the grille. Maybe 4 hours total not counting hunting down the parts. If I can get to a scanner, I'll scan my paper template with measurements, hopefully It will print out full size, and others can trace it onto card stock or right onto some sheet metal. The scrap I used was thin enough to cut with tin snips, but thick enough for the tabs not to bend.

Now that, that is done, I can work on remote mounting the battery (serious pain in the ass). I don't want to cut up or leave out my trunk interior, but you can't access the spare tire if the battery is mounted on top of the trunk mat. I'm thinking I'll have to bolt it down with butterfly nuts so you can move the battery out of the way if you need to get to the spare.
Target70 is offline   Reply With Quote