View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 11:40 PM   #148
Luckrider
My Other Ride's a Jeep
 
Luckrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Location: United States
Posts: 893
Thanks: 431
Thanked 253 Times in 198 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM View Post
Is the soft rev limiter feature still in this 1.42 stock tune? If so, what exactly does it do?

I remember when I had 1.34 and rev'ed up to the limit, it kept my rev at the limit instead of bouncing back down. I just got a new BRZ and uploaded the 1.42 stage 1 tune to it and I thought I'd rev it up to make sure the tune was written correctly, but it cut off power and my needle bounced off the rev limit! I checked the vehicle rom info and it says stage 1.
LC is set to delta 2000 in the OTS tune. That seems to activate the factory style rev limit and cuts in at 5500RPM.
Luckrider is offline   Reply With Quote