View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 10:54 PM   #1
Nurnburger

Drives: World Rally Blue
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Fitment Issues: 17x9+35 wheels with 245/40 tires

Hey! I've been searching through these forums for a while, but finally decided to post as I've run into some problems with my new wheel/tire setup.

I've got WedSport TC105N 17x9 +35 wheels with Continental ExtremeContact Sport 245/40/17 tires, and they are rubbing badly on my front struts. It's clear that they are in contact all the time, as there's a nice groove in each tire and there are rubber bits sprayed everywhere inside, as you can seen in the picture.

I have a stock suspension, and I thought I had researched this setup thoroughly. There are many threads (like this one and this one) which suggest it should be fine. People have pictures showing clearance and are talking about running fatter tires and less offset without rubbing issues.

So my question is what did I miss?

Things I have checked:
Wheels stamped with the right offset
Tires are the ones I ordered. (They measure tread at 9 1/2" and widest at 10 1/4")
Alignment report from the the previous owner has the front camber at 0-0.5 negative, though it's pretty dated

Also, I had been planning to use the OEM camber bolt solution to get a degree of negative camber up front, but this has thrown a wrench in those plans.
Attached Images

Nurnburger is offline   Reply With Quote