follow ft86club on our
blog
,
twitter
or
facebook
.
User Name
Remember Me?
Password
Register
Garage
Garage
Garages
Help
Community
Calendar
Today's Posts
Search
Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB
>
Search Forums
Search Results
Community Links
Members List
User Tagging Statistics
iTrader
Search Forums
Show Threads
Show Posts
Tag Search
Advanced Search
Go to Page...
Register and become an FT86Club.com member. You will see fewer ads
Sign Up
Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
4
>
Showing results 1 to 30 of 92
Search took
0.00
seconds.
Search:
Posts Made By:
gnarjunkie
Forum:
Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting
09-22-2025, 11:21 PM
Replies:
6
Great deal on Karcepts sway bar, worried it'll be too stiff
Views:
3,743
Posted By
gnarjunkie
Thank you -- I've had a couple other people...
Thank you -- I've had a couple other people mention the same thing. Unfortunately, they are not fully compatible with my RCEs. Sounds like it's possible to have them modified to work maybe?
I'm...
Forum:
Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting
09-18-2025, 10:20 AM
Replies:
6
Great deal on Karcepts sway bar, worried it'll be too stiff
Views:
3,743
Posted By
gnarjunkie
You can, but the center section is $500. So...
You can, but the center section is $500. So pretty much removes any savings at that point from buying the used one.
That's helpful!
Forum:
Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting
09-15-2025, 08:12 PM
Replies:
6
Great deal on Karcepts sway bar, worried it'll be too stiff
Views:
3,743
Posted By
gnarjunkie
Great deal on Karcepts sway bar, worried it'll be too stiff
I am continuing to setup my GR86 for CST class while keeping it my daily street car.
Right now, I have Tarmac 2's and RLCAs, no other mods. -2.6 degrees camber front, -2.0 rear.
Only...
Forum:
Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB
09-08-2025, 11:36 AM
Replies:
12
2023, 27k miles - car appears to be consuming coolant?
Views:
9,943
Posted By
gnarjunkie
Wow, this got a lot more responses than I...
Wow, this got a lot more responses than I realized! Sorry for not checking back sooner.
I am confident now it was just evaporation. Someone pointed out to me that if the overflow bottle was that...
Forum:
Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB
09-04-2025, 11:12 AM
Replies:
12
2023, 27k miles - car appears to be consuming coolant?
Views:
9,943
Posted By
gnarjunkie
2023, 27k miles - car appears to be consuming coolant?
Anyone else experienced this?
A few days ago I decided to check my oil and noticed that the coolant level was low in the overflow container. Barely anything in there, in fact.
I had just a...
Forum:
Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting
07-15-2025, 10:10 PM
Replies:
3
revert to stock susp. to shed weight for class?
Views:
3,174
Posted By
gnarjunkie
Quality suspension is the last thing I'd consider...
Quality suspension is the last thing I'd consider cutting in order to save on points.
I would bet quite a bit of money that you'd be substantially slower with stock suspension and 200lbs less...
Forum:
Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub --
Sponsored by The Tire Rack
07-07-2025, 11:45 AM
Replies:
8
how well do 255s fit on 2nd gen
Views:
7,413
Posted By
gnarjunkie
None here. I will say that we ran 17x10 +45 with...
None here. I will say that we ran 17x10 +45 with 275 width 615k+ tires on a first gen and had no issues aside from a slight rub in the front near full lock. Really only showed up in the paddock,...
Forum:
BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics
07-03-2025, 03:33 PM
Replies:
6
New owner, identifying STI brakes
Views:
4,939
Posted By
gnarjunkie
I unfortunately don't have a definite answer, but...
I unfortunately don't have a definite answer, but these cars did have the option to come with Brembos from the factory. Having owned both an STi and a BRZ with Brembos, I'll say that visually there...
Forum:
Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub --
Sponsored by The Tire Rack
05-14-2025, 09:32 PM
Replies:
8
how well do 255s fit on 2nd gen
Views:
7,413
Posted By
gnarjunkie
1st gen has a lot more room in the rear. We ran...
1st gen has a lot more room in the rear. We ran 275s just fine on my gf's 1st gen track car. She had a lot of camber at the time though and they were on the smaller side for 275s.
I was mostly...
Forum:
Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub --
Sponsored by The Tire Rack
05-08-2025, 12:14 PM
Replies:
8
how well do 255s fit on 2nd gen
Views:
7,413
Posted By
gnarjunkie
Appreciate it. For anyone else looking, I...
Appreciate it.
For anyone else looking, I ended up going with 245s. That was the right call. 245/40/17 on 17x9 +42 was wide enough in the rear to sure make me question if it was going to rub or...
Forum:
Member's Car Journals
04-07-2025, 04:11 PM
Replies:
128
2022 BRZ, Scargod's Mod's and Track Upgrades
Views:
47,615
Posted By
gnarjunkie
Wowza. I take it you are not concerned about...
Wowza.
I take it you are not concerned about oil pressure drops?
The whole thing does seem pretty overblown, but that's a lot of extra grip!
Forum:
Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub --
Sponsored by The Tire Rack
04-07-2025, 11:50 AM
Replies:
8
how well do 255s fit on 2nd gen
Views:
7,413
Posted By
gnarjunkie
how well do 255s fit on 2nd gen
I've been finding some conflicting info.
Looking at possibly moving out of street class (scca autox) with my 2nd gen. I conveniently have a brand-new set of 255/40/17 v730s and also a set of 17x9...
Forum:
Member's Car Journals
11-05-2024, 11:31 PM
Replies:
162
2022 Subaru BRZ hpde build
Views:
47,322
Posted By
gnarjunkie
That's neat. What oil weight were you...
That's neat.
What oil weight were you running?
While 260s-270s sure seem higher than I'd like to see, it does seem like modern oils hold up really well to high temps. I got Motul 300v up to 290...
Forum:
Member's Car Journals
09-17-2024, 01:38 PM
Replies:
355
2013 BRZ Rebuild, totalled to track car.
Views:
141,053
Posted By
gnarjunkie
Just following back up. The car is fixed now and...
Just following back up. The car is fixed now and looks great -- your information was hugely helpful. Thank you!
Forum:
Member's Car Journals
07-06-2024, 03:38 AM
Replies:
8
Yet another TT/ST build
Views:
2,397
Posted By
gnarjunkie
Overkill maybe. But those kinds of random,...
Overkill maybe.
But those kinds of random, no-idea-why kinda problems are the worst.
If it can give you enough data to solve those problems quickly... that seems worth it
Forum:
Member's Car Journals
06-03-2024, 11:22 PM
Replies:
353
Spuds' Vroom Machine
Views:
91,517
Posted By
gnarjunkie
Oof -- that's scary. Done that a few times...
Oof -- that's scary. Done that a few times myself.
I found that the best is just making sure to not rush the shift. Even in a super hectic autox course there are brief moments where you're pointed...
Forum:
Member's Car Journals
06-03-2024, 01:30 PM
Replies:
353
Spuds' Vroom Machine
Views:
91,517
Posted By
gnarjunkie
Old post reply but... you definitely want to get...
Old post reply but... you definitely want to get the brakes pretty darn hot while bedding. Especially with track-focused brakes. When I bed in the G-Loc R16's I use for the track car, I do 35-5mph a...
Forum:
BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) — General Topics
04-25-2024, 02:43 PM
Replies:
6
How accurate is 6MT Fluid Capacity?
Views:
15,783
Posted By
gnarjunkie
I found that since there's always a bit of...
I found that since there's always a bit of spillage plus you won't get 100% of the fluid out of each bottle that it takes a bit more than you'd think. I always just go til it spills out.
I highly...
Forum:
Member's Car Journals
04-16-2024, 03:28 PM
Replies:
355
2013 BRZ Rebuild, totalled to track car.
Views:
141,053
Posted By
gnarjunkie
That makes sense. Really appreciate it! Looks...
That makes sense. Really appreciate it! Looks like it's a bit more involved than I was anticipating originally but still looks pretty doable.
Forum:
Member's Car Journals
04-16-2024, 01:01 PM
Replies:
355
2013 BRZ Rebuild, totalled to track car.
Views:
141,053
Posted By
gnarjunkie
Thank you!! The passenger side headlight...
Thank you!!
The passenger side headlight surround and apron reinforcements are the parts that are bent.
I've never done anything with spot welds before... but it looks like they almost play...
Forum:
Member's Car Journals
04-15-2024, 07:41 PM
Replies:
355
2013 BRZ Rebuild, totalled to track car.
Views:
141,053
Posted By
gnarjunkie
Question for you from alllll the way back to the...
Question for you from alllll the way back to the first page...
I stuffed my BRZ into a tire wall at the track this last weekend and bent this exact part. The part above the headlight and where...
Forum:
Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting
12-10-2023, 04:28 PM
Replies:
117
Oil weight for track only car with a lot of cooling?
Views:
107,977
Posted By
gnarjunkie
100% The tricky thing is though that they...
100%
The tricky thing is though that they are also working with much higher stakes and often much higher demands as well.
As an example, I saw a video with a Formula Drift team -- they swap in...
Forum:
BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics
12-03-2023, 10:44 PM
Replies:
14
Replacing blown FA-20. What options to get?
Views:
8,363
Posted By
gnarjunkie
FWIW... every motor I've lost to oiling issues...
FWIW... every motor I've lost to oiling issues ran great right up until it blew. EJs, not FAs... but still.
Forum:
GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86)
11-25-2023, 01:06 AM
Replies:
52
Help Me Choose: 2nd Gen or Facelift BRZ
Views:
25,037
Posted By
gnarjunkie
Correct -- no markup at all. Local dealer sells...
Correct -- no markup at all. Local dealer sells at MSRP only. I believe the car was $29k with a GR shift knob for options and a 200 or 300 dollar dealer charge. Ended up at $29.5k all said and done. ...
Forum:
Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting
11-22-2023, 04:19 PM
Replies:
117
Oil weight for track only car with a lot of cooling?
Views:
107,977
Posted By
gnarjunkie
If your max oil temp is 235, then a 40w seems a...
If your max oil temp is 235, then a 40w seems a bit thick to me. Personally, I'd look at a viscosity chart and aim to have a similar viscosity at track temps as a street car would on 0w-20.
I had...
Forum:
GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86)
11-22-2023, 03:35 PM
Replies:
52
Help Me Choose: 2nd Gen or Facelift BRZ
Views:
25,037
Posted By
gnarjunkie
My GR86 was $29.5k out the door. Base model with...
My GR86 was $29.5k out the door. Base model with a couple small dealer options.
Forum:
Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting
11-03-2023, 11:38 PM
Replies:
134
What's the best setup to learn
Views:
54,792
Posted By
gnarjunkie
What a weird group. Everywhere I've run...
What a weird group.
Everywhere I've run with or instructed with... if you have a small slide and catch it the correct response is "hell yeah nice work". Not "turn on the nannies".
Maybe if you...
Forum:
Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting
11-02-2023, 12:43 PM
Replies:
10
Comments on tires, pls.
Views:
2,185
Posted By
gnarjunkie
Yeah, mine did that. Same with a couple friends. ...
Yeah, mine did that. Same with a couple friends.
Mine also delaminated the inside edge though with almost half the tread still left :brokenheart:
Forum:
Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting
10-26-2023, 11:23 PM
Replies:
21
low grip/low stress track tire setup?
Views:
7,538
Posted By
gnarjunkie
And... there's a huge amount of people who have...
And... there's a huge amount of people who have literally dozens of track days on their 2nd gen, with sticky tires, often with aero as well, who have had no actual issues resulting from the pressure...
Forum:
Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub --
Sponsored by The Tire Rack
10-24-2023, 10:11 PM
Replies:
28
17 Michelin Primacies vs 18 Pilot 4s
Views:
9,824
Posted By
gnarjunkie
Those are the same tires that came stock on my...
Those are the same tires that came stock on my 2nd gen a year ago... I bet you could find a 2nd gen owner who immediately swapped wheels and/or tires who'd happily sell you their Primacy HPs.
Showing results 1 to 30 of 92
Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
4
>
Forum Jump
User Control Panel
Private Messages
Subscriptions
Who's Online
Search Forums
Forums Home
2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ
GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86)
BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) — General Topics
1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ
Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum
BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics
FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum
BRZ Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum
Subaru BRZ
FT86CLUB Shared Forum
Member's Car Journals
FR-S / BRZ vs....
Regional Forums
Southern California
Northern California
NY / NJ / CT / PA
Mid-Atlantic
Southeast
New England
Southwest
Arizona
Northwest
Great Lakes
Rocky Mountains / Great Plains
Hawaii
CANADA
Canada Classifieds
EUROPE
AUSTRALIA
Australia Classifieds
Australian Meets & Events
NEW ZEALAND
SOUTH AMERICA / CARRIBEANS
ASIA
MIDDLE EAST
AFRICA
Technical Topics
Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB
Engine, Exhaust, Transmission
Engine Swaps
Forced Induction
Software Tuning
Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing)
Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing
Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)
Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs)
Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment
DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides
Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting
Marketplace
Commercial Classifieds
Official FT86CLUB Sponsors List
Announcements, Contests, Giveaways
Groupbuys
Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons
Forced Induction
Engine Swap
Transmission and Driveline
Wheels and Tires
Brakes, Suspension, Chassis
Exterior Parts - The Rest
Coating and Customization Services
Exterior Parts - Lighting
Interior Parts (Incl. Lighting)
Audio/Visual, Electronics, Infotainment, NAV
Cleaning and Detailing
Mechanical Maintenance and Tools
Dealer Cars
Miscellaneous
CANADIAN Sales
Members Classifieds
Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons
Transmission and Driveline
Wheels and Tires
Brakes, Suspension, Chassis
Exterior Parts (Aero, Lighting, Etc.)
Interior Parts (Incl. Lighting)
Audio/Visual, Electronics, Infotainment, NAV
Cleaning and Detailing
Mechanical Maintenance and Tools
Cars for Sale/Trade
Miscellaneous
FT86CLUB Items
Want-To-Buy Requests
User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments
Off-Topic Discussions
Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions
Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]
Site Announcements / Questions / Issues
All times are GMT -4. The time now is
05:22 AM
.
Contact Us
-
Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB
-
Archive
-
Privacy Statement
-
Terms of Service/DMCA Policy
-
Top
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by
Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite)
-
vBulletin Mods & Addons
Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Garage
vBulletin Plugins
by Drive Thru Online, Inc.