Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Wilwood FNSL6R??? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99949)

Devil 86 01-12-2016 02:58 PM

Wilwood FNSL6R???
 
Can anybody give me some insight on the Wilwood 6 piston calipers? I plan on buying only the fronts to use for the track/autox as well as bling. The reason I'm leaning toward the wilwoods is because it can fit stock wheels ( i use the stocks as a spare). What pads are u using to maintain proper brake bias? For example what pads would work good for the wilwoods if I had PMU Club racers in the rear. I would keep upgrading the oem brakes but it seems that upgrading to a BBK is more cost effective.

wparsons 01-12-2016 04:01 PM

If the brake kit itself doesn't change the bias, then just use the same pads front and rear. I'm not sure if those calipers change bias though.

finch1750 01-12-2016 09:02 PM

Use this calculator to figure it out. You just need to input the correct front caliper specs and then mess around with brake pad cf to figure out what you need and then find a pad with that cf.

http://www.tceperformanceproducts.com/bias-calculator/

Ill save you a little time and tell you stock front bias is 69.7% (.697 on the calculator)

Devil 86 01-12-2016 09:56 PM

The calipers itself don't change bias much but running different front and rear pads do, which is what I'm worried about since the wilwood caliper doesn't seem to utilize the same brake pad options that the oem calipers have.

acro 01-12-2016 10:18 PM

Go Carbotech then, they have options to fit the willwood caliper up front and the OEM rear

finch1750 01-12-2016 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devil 86 (Post 2507248)
The calipers itself don't change bias much but running different front and rear pads do, which is what I'm worried about since the wilwood caliper doesn't seem to utilize the same brake pad options that the oem calipers have.

Project Mu has a size for Wilwood according to their site it seems but doesn't break down compounds (http://www.project-mu.co.jp/usa/prod...ad_import.html). Maybe contact them or one of their dealers like CSG or Evasive

Panman 01-12-2016 11:45 PM

Talk to @RR_Racing

acro 01-13-2016 03:44 PM

Should tell u to talk to CSG Mike that's where I got mine from. Matching front and rear
@CSG Mike

CSG Mike 01-13-2016 07:23 PM

CSG has plenty of pad options that will fit the Wilwod SL6R. :)

bhmax 01-14-2016 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finch1750 (Post 2507190)
Use this calculator to figure it out. You just need to input the correct front caliper specs and then mess around with brake pad cf to figure out what you need and then find a pad with that cf.

http://www.tceperformanceproducts.com/bias-calculator/

Ill save you a little time and tell you stock front bias is 69.7% (.697 on the calculator)

I might not have used the correct numbers, but came up with about 65%. Sounds like the RR Racing thread has shown shifting it towards the rear is working out well on their kits that do that. Looks like a pad with about .1mu higher in rear should shift bias about 5% on stock calipers. I'm looking at different Raybestos compounds to do that.

Surok 01-22-2018 07:41 PM

Bumping this thread because of the good title.

I am planning on running the PolyMatrix B pads in my 86 club racer, it has 500HP and the wilwood 6 piston front and 4 piston rear kit.
I have been running the BP20 pads but i want more endurance. Will i be able to get enough heat into the rear pads to get the polymatrix B pads into their efficient range? (in a 20Minute sprint)?

any help or insight appreciated


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.