Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Got 99 problems and an HIDs 1 (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44651)

Noob4Life 08-19-2013 12:11 AM

Got 99 problems and an HIDs 1
 
So this started happening shortly after I installed my amp/subs. Any idea what's going on?

The kit is a 50w TRS H11 kit

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO_3Etm00_E"]YouTube[/ame]

Having the same problem in my retrofitted VW Jetta. Running a 50w D2S kit from TRS and the passnegers side goes out whenever it feels like it. I have to turn the lights off then back on.

Are these ballast issues?

mashal 08-19-2013 12:22 AM

your video is private

Noob4Life 08-19-2013 12:29 AM

Should be fixed now, thanks for the heads up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

ngabdala 08-19-2013 12:30 AM

The problem is it's not a BRZ ;)

Noob4Life 08-19-2013 12:31 AM

Your right I shouldve paid more for the same car with less looks! Lmao jping :thumbsup:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Minovsky 08-19-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noob4Life (Post 1150311)
So this started happening shortly after I installed my amp/subs. Any idea what's going on?

The kit is a 50w TRS H11 kit

YouTube

Having the same problem in my retrofitted VW Jetta. Running a 50w D2S kit from TRS and the passnegers side goes out whenever it feels like it. I have to turn the lights off then back on.

Are these ballast issues?

Yeah this happened to me.. I thought it was a faulty light bulb n I threw it out n got a new one.. But then found out it was the ballast.. Sigh..

Noob4Life 08-19-2013 12:33 AM

Guess ill have to buy two new ballasts. What are the odds 2 TRS ballasts from 2 different kits would crap out on me -.-

Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Sbeezy 08-19-2013 12:37 AM

did you run new harnesses for the 50w kits? if not that may be your issue most factory lighting systems are 35w systems so i would either run a 35w system or upgrade to a harness capable of supporting a 50w ballast. you wouldn't run a true 3kw amp on a 80amp fuse and 10ga wire would you?

Noob4Life 08-19-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sbeezy (Post 1150353)
did you run new harnesses for the 50w kits? if not that may be your issue most factory lighting systems are 35w systems so i would either run a 35w system or upgrade to a harness capable of supporting a 50w ballast. you wouldn't run a true 3kw amp on a 80amp fuse and 10ga wire would you?

Im running my amp on 4g wiring and a 150amp fuse. And no I relay all my hids lol I have a 50w headlight and 35w foglight hids both running off two sep relays on the jetta and the 50w is relayed on the fr-s

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Sbeezy 08-19-2013 01:15 AM

is there a warranty on the ballasts?

Noob4Life 08-20-2013 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sbeezy (Post 1150394)
is there a warranty on the ballasts?

Looks like a 5 year warantty so hopefully I can get both ballasts replaced for free. I'm emailing TRS as we speak. Thanks for the help all


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.