Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) — General Topics (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   No threads 2023 front license plate holes (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153038)

omoulton 04-11-2023 12:44 PM

No threads 2023 front license plate holes
 
Has anyone else discovered the holes aren't threaded? I bought the JDM <> USDM adapter mentioned in here. When to attach and so sorry.

Any creative work arounds besides a tow hook plate holder?

Thanks

dragoontwo 04-11-2023 02:01 PM

There's a nut plate that goes in from the backside. It is possible to push them out. I might have mine somewhere at home that you can have if you want them.

omoulton 04-11-2023 02:37 PM

Thank you Sir. It didn't look reachable w/o removing the bumper but I gave it a quick look. I'll look closer to see if it did get pushed out somehow. Thanks again.

dragoontwo 04-11-2023 04:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
They look like this when you push them out.

cueball89 04-11-2023 06:39 PM

My 23 didn't have them either. I bought rivet nuts from Mcmaster Carr and glued them in. I didn't want to spring for the rivet nut tool. Seems to be holding up so far.

CaptainFenderbaum 04-11-2023 07:31 PM

My 23 didn't come with them either. Maybe they stopped including them on export models.

CaptainFenderbaum 04-11-2023 07:32 PM

Looks like you can pick up a replacement bracket fairly inexpensively

https://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru_20...7722SG070.html

omoulton 04-13-2023 05:28 PM

I appreciate the replies. Thanks folks!

Up4speed 04-15-2023 12:44 AM

Mine didn't come threaded either. If you buy the front plate mounting kit from the BRZ accessory brochure, it comes with the proper expandable inserts to install the bracket onto the front bumper. They work great. My recommendation when trying to insert them is to wet them, then use a small screw driver to push them in. If you use that technique they will pop in there in seconds, otherwise you will be fighting with them.
The bracket looks and fits great. The best part is that there is zero damage to the car.

omoulton 04-18-2023 07:22 AM

@ Up4speed

Thanks for the tip. Which kit are you referencing from the accessory brochure?

Up4speed 04-18-2023 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omoulton (Post 3577593)
@ Up4speed

Thanks for the tip. Which kit are you referencing from the accessory brochure?

https://www.subaru.com/content/dam/s...s_Brochure.pdf

Bottom left of page 17

omoulton 04-19-2023 08:24 AM

Thank you very much. I thought that was the case and appreciate you confirming!!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.