Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine Swaps (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   another option for swap (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128317)

L.S.X 06-14-2018 10:10 AM

another option for swap
 
recently one of my friends sent me picture of some guy that claim to have the solution for swapping engines in frs-brz-gt86 etc.

i talked with that guy he said ecumasters emu black will do the trick

then i talked with ecumasters support and they confirmed this info

so ecumasters emu black will cost 1099 for the ecu only

please excuse my english this is just to let everyone know :thumbup:

spitfire481 06-14-2018 03:50 PM

almost any standalone with a canbus can be programmed to control a swap. programming that canbus to control all factory aspects of the chassis is where the development comes into play

DustinS 06-14-2018 03:58 PM

Only has 6 ignition outputs. LS has smart coils do they not? So wouldn't work?

Yoshoobaroo 06-14-2018 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustinS (Post 3098980)
Only has 6 ignition outputs. LS has smart coils do they not? So wouldn't work?



You could run lost spark.

L.S.X 06-15-2018 10:18 AM

the support guy told me they got the can bus stream for our cars

so i think you need wiring and that's all

all4spl 06-15-2018 10:44 AM

hmmm I'm interested in this! I was originally looking to do emtron.

Pure Automotive 06-18-2018 03:37 PM

Every other company has failed to do complete integration so far. I had a guy tell me "Haltech said for sure it will work" guess what, it never did. I'm all for other options, but if you want everything to work in the car like factory, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Even if they have the CAN figured out, you still have to get it correctly wired and terminated in the car. As well as getting a proper engine harness, as well as having the ability to make the software work with the car, it is FAR from a couple clicks away. By the time you buy the ECU, make a jumper, buy a harness, buy all the necessary sensors and pay some poor guy to try and make 7 square pegs fit into a round hole, you'll be near the cost of a proper kit that really works.

Is it really worth risking a huge waste of your time to save a couple bucks?

MRS-Colin 06-20-2018 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pure Automotive (Post 3100221)
Every other company has failed to do complete integration so far. I had a guy tell me "Haltech said for sure it will work" guess what, it never did. I'm all for other options, but if you want everything to work in the car like factory, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Even if they have the CAN figured out, you still have to get it correctly wired and terminated in the car. As well as getting a proper engine harness, as well as having the ability to make the software work with the car, it is FAR from a couple clicks away. By the time you buy the ECU, make a jumper, buy a harness, buy all the necessary sensors and pay some poor guy to try and make 7 square pegs fit into a round hole, you'll be near the cost of a proper kit that really works.

Is it really worth risking a huge waste of your time to save a couple bucks?

Correctly wired and terminated? You mean two wires and an internal termination resistor most all ECUs have?

I agree with the CAN data stream creation being difficult, but cmon, CAN is two wires.

Pure Automotive 06-20-2018 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRS-Colin (Post 3100952)
Correctly wired and terminated? You mean two wires and an internal termination resistor most all ECUs have?

I agree with the CAN data stream creation being difficult, but cmon, CAN is two wires.

I'm referring more to the "plug and play" lingo that they use

MRS-Colin 06-21-2018 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pure Automotive (Post 3101057)
I'm referring more to the "plug and play" lingo that they use

Fair. Nothing is truly plug n' play.

L.S.X 06-25-2018 07:24 PM

no body said anything about plug and play put this will cost 4k less than motec ecu

Hags86 08-14-2018 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRS-Colin (Post 3100952)
Correctly wired and terminated? You mean two wires and an internal termination resistor most all ECUs have?

I agree with the CAN data stream creation being difficult, but cmon, CAN is two wires.

No. I think he's referring to the approximately 100 other wires (injectors, cam control, throttle body, sensors etc). The kits that have been sorted have a adapter harness to the OEM wiring.

Clash0901 08-15-2018 07:50 AM

I've done the research, spent hours online and on the phone. Everybody has had problems and there are inconsistencies except for MoTeC. If you try to save money and cut corners you will pay twice. Do it right the first time and just buy MoTeC!!

rob 2fast4u 08-15-2018 12:08 PM

I spent a weekend making my own harness for the 2jz with my EMU classic in my brz. all new sensors turned out to be less than 3,000$, also got a tablet dash with real dash app so it displays anything I want without buying more gauges or one could get a lcd race dash (aem, ecu master, aim,...)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.