Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Software Tuning (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   The same problem again (2014 reborn) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127456)

AP756 05-07-2018 03:36 PM

The same problem again (2014 reborn)
 
Tried to load the V4 files to my OFT. Got the same error message as shown in this old topic http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74170 under issue "4" but for any file I try to transfer. Tried 3 different computers and installed OFM at least 5 times to no availability. I'm stuck and hope someone can help me.

@shiv: Was this a Server problem back in 2014 and can you have a look into this?

Greetings from Germany

nofferman 05-08-2018 02:20 AM

I had this problem (the DEV121.dll error) as well this week. I tried four different PCs and got that error on all of them.

My OFT firmware hadn't been updated in a few years, which I think was part of the problem. OFM showed HW Version 1.0/FW Version 1.24, while my OFT display showed HW 1.35/FW1.55.

The fix for me was to flash the stock map into my ECU, erase the tablet using OFM, re-read the stock map, then upload v4 maps. No more errors, was able to flash the car.

After I wiped it, the HW/FW version numbers all showed 1.35/1.55.

Good luck!

AP756 05-08-2018 03:24 PM

More detailed info:

OFT Info
- Sn: E00401002073D054
- Cd: P9029
- HW Ver: 100
- Fw Ver: 127

Computer Info
- OS: Win 7, Win 10 home, Win10 pro

ECU Info
- ECU Type: DENSO GT86
- CAL: ZA1JA00G

Trying to write any tuning file to the tablet I get a window titled Cktrl, and it has the message "C:\OpenFlash\DLL\DEV121.DLL". When I hit OK, I get another window titled Cktrl and it has the message "1". When I hit OK, I get a window titled OpenFlash Manager and it states "The checksum of file Stg 1 v4.03 LC FSS ZA1JA00G is wrong".

At present I run Stg1 A00G 2076.bin in Slot1, I was able to free Slot2 but I cannot upload any file.

In the process to connect Open Flash manager updated to v1.32.0 (on all computers) and now shows HW 01.35 / SW 01.51

Can't try your suggestion right now @nofferman, I'm on a trip for the next five days. Coming back hopefully I got enough info to make my tablet working correctly again. TIA for all help.

Bye for now Fred (AP756)

Edit: @nofferman: Thought about my problem a few minutes again and decided to try your suggestion right now (doing a 1000km trip tomorrow would be a good chance to test the new tuning file...). Reflashed stock tuning file to my car, back to the computer I ereased all data, back to the car I re-read the original tuning, back to the computer and some update later (it's done automatically) I tried to copy "Stg 1 v4.03 LC FSS ZA1JA00G" to the tablet (no more problem), back to my car I flashed that file successfully. First run showed no problem, will monitor that tomorrow on the run. Thank you for that suggestion, problem solved (for me :w00t:). Now I can go to sleep with a smile on my face :thanks:

commandar 05-21-2018 12:30 AM

Confirming the same issue and resolution for me. DEV121.dll error no matter what tuning file I tried to add to the tablet. Flashing to original tune, wiping the tablet, and rereading fixed it.

I was already on a v4 tune flashed a few weeks ago, so I don't know that flashing from an old version is necessarily the cause. I was just looking to update my IAM value. I did just get a new PC, however, and had to set OFM back up immediately before this.

Walla Walla 07-07-2018 12:36 PM

having the same problem, unable to upload on my tablet any tunes.... is there a solution?

Walla Walla 07-07-2018 11:23 PM

i was able to fix this by installing an old version (1.10) and update it... now it works :)

elBarto 07-08-2018 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walla Walla (Post 3107624)
i was able to fix this by installing an old version (1.10) and update it... now it works :)

Could you upload that version?
I have the Dev121 problem as well.
OFT was working fine. Reinstalled Windows and after that I had the problem and whichever pc I use, the problem is stays.

AP756 07-09-2018 05:12 PM

Please follow the instructions in post #2 (last block named edit). This procedure works, bye for now Fred (AP756)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.