Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Northern California (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Where to fix engine heads? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123777)

svolo4 12-01-2017 02:18 PM

Where to fix engine heads?
 
Hey guys, could you recommend a shop that can fix a damaged FA20 head in the Bay Area?
Long story short: I got a sweet deal on a bunch of used parts and seller included FBM ported heads for free of charge. (I know it sound crazy, but it is what it is, I spent whole day smiling when I realized how lucky I am)
UPS damaged a package with modified head. It has some dents on a surface facing head gasket because package was dropped. Dents aren't big, maybe 1/8th inch in diameter and not more than 0.5mm deep.
Here is a pic that shows worst dent:
https://pp.userapi.com/c841333/v8413...ePy4KP14sE.jpg

There should be at least two ways to fix it:
1) polish head, cut 0.5mm from it, put a fat metal gasket to keep compression intact
2) Use a welder to put some welding in dents, then polish head in a place where welding is

I don't really need a built motor, but since I got parts, I'm thinking to maybe use them and get a bit more power.
I'm familiar with engine assembly, so I can do most of the work assembling engine myself, just need heads fixed if it's possible.

Any suggestions?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.