Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Door speakers not working (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122717)

JRBEL 10-16-2017 01:41 PM

Door speakers not working
 
HI,


so I bought this 86 salvage from Miami on a auction site and exported it to Caribean and upon arrival I found out that the door speakers does not work , after bodywork and spray was done thought I'd look more into it and started to do some researching , first suggestion I saw was to see if the AMP fuse was blown , it wasn't(even switched it with the spare one). then they told me if i'm sure that my door speakers are there, I open the door panel and they was there , maybe they are blown ? tested it with a battery and its working fine , so the problem sits at the AMP , but how can a OEM AMP be defective or blown ? even the head unit is OEM so what other could it be ? I don't think the AMP is blown on a 2015 car with 21k miles on it . you guys have any other suggestion I can try to find out the problem ?


due to it being bought off an auction site I have no idea who to previous owner was to see what he could've done to cause this .


let me know please.


Thanks


(English is not my native language so excuse the bad writing)


btw head unit is Pioneer AXCP-Q15U T10028


Picture of the car if you are interested:
https://imgur.com/a/DmYAs

edit: all of the threads I saw here was either fixed by a fuse or there door speakers was not working after doing some mods with either replacing the HU or adding subs.

darko 10-16-2017 03:35 PM

use a multimeter and check the continuity of the speaker wires. Could be frayed wires, or check the engine compartment fuses.

JRBEL 10-16-2017 04:29 PM

I don't see any fuse relatable to audio in the engine compartment.


here is the diagram : http://www.autogenius.info/scion-fr-...e-box-diagram/


the AMP fuse is not blown and the radio fuse is not either otherwise radio would not work right ? might have to check.


I will be checking for frayed wires ,although I highly doubt it but you never know what the previous owner might've been doing .


Thanks for the reply

Chimera 10-16-2017 04:37 PM

check the fuse box in the drivers compartment
should be under the steering wheel

fx1mark 10-16-2017 05:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the interior fusebox diagram from the owners manual.

JRBEL 10-16-2017 06:49 PM

Both fuse is good .. even swapped the AMP one with a spare and still nothing .. if it was frayed wire i think i could atleast get some hissing sound here and there . They dont work at all .anyway to check if the amp is good or not ? To see if it turns on ?

CraigVM 10-16-2017 11:04 PM

Could be an issue up at the dash speakers
 
Could be an issue up at the dash speakers. Based on what I learned from the following video link, the front channel wires first go up to the dash speakers them down to the door speakers. The kit they sell has a connector that maintains that jump down to the door speakers when replacing those up on the dash. Perhaps someone replaced the dash speaker / speakers and dropped the connection down to the door by mistake

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUE3GdqHSkE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUE3GdqHSkE[/ame]

JRBEL 10-18-2017 01:47 PM

checked my dash speakers and while they are OEM , my tweeters are not working . maybe that's why the door speakers are not working ? cause when you disconnect the tweeter , the mid will stop working too .


so if I replace my tweeters , my door speaker will start working again ?


ill have to order these parts and wait like 2 weeks for them to arrive here so any insight can help so I don't have to waste money and tax on something that's not the problem.


Thanks

CraigVM 10-19-2017 02:22 AM

I believe it is the stock connector of tweeter / mid that jumps the signal to the wires going down to the doors, not the tweeter or mid itself. So even a blown mid or tweeter up on the dash should not effect the signal getting down to the door speakers. My thoughts were that the previous owner may have changed the dash speakers and caused the problem.

Before purchasing any items to fix the issue, I would do some basic troubleshooting to determine what it is that needs to be fixed.

JRBEL 11-10-2017 03:04 PM

Amplifier/door subs problem Hi,


I own a 2015 scion fr-s which I bought salvage and upon arrival my door speakers and tweeter was not working.
I checked the fuse and its not blown.
tested the wires to see if electricity is getting there with a electrical tester & test leads and everything is fine but electric is not getting at my door speaker connector .I even bought a used amplifier and switched it and it's still not working. ( when the power wiring is on the AMP should the AMP pins light the tester ? cause it was not doing that but I don't know very well how those works )


at this point I'm thinking that maybe after the accident they took out the aftermarket Headunit and put the OEM back and maybe did not plugged it right ?
I did inspect it and everything looks fine but there is 3 connector that's open and I wanted to know if maybe one of them leading to the AMP is missing ?
can someone please help me solve this .


its driving me nuts not having bass and I don't want to spend a fortune on buying a new amp with a sub and doing all the wiring just for it to work cause I don't really care about a beast sound, (not to mention paying freight forwarder and import duty tax which is 36% in the Caribbean)all I need is my OEM door subs to work and i'll be happy.


sorry for the bad English , not my native language.


I will post link with the pictures of my headunit and the connectors and amp.


Thanks


https://imgur.com/a/StZep


decided to update this thread .


I also bought some used tweeters to see for sure but problem remains the same .
the amp is not powering the speakers .
when I test the power wire on the connector the electrical tester lights up so power is getting there.


any1 have the diagam of the headunit back connectors? there's 3 spot open and I don't know if that is normal.

sharpsicle 11-10-2017 09:43 PM

Here's an image of the wiring.

http://i.imgur.com/imde0.png

As you can see, one set is amplified, one is not. They are all based off the same wiring and connector, so the headunit is not the issue. Identify which wires are not supplying signal, test their continuity, and go from there.

DaveB.inVa 11-11-2017 02:40 AM

Do you have the amp turn on signal working or is it connected?

One of the frequent questions I've seen on here are the amplified speakers not working due to the amp turn on signal not being connected to the aftermarket head unit.

Don't worry, your English is fine, English is my native language and you're doing better than I am!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.