Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Quick minor spacer question (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100267)

Keenercarguy 01-19-2016 05:56 PM

Quick minor spacer question
 
For my street set I'm running the standard wheels, i have a separate set for autocross/track so this is for street consideration only. What spacing can i run with the oem wheels, lugs, and studs without having problems? I'm talking just a little spacing like 3-10mm only.
Would your answer change if I had Muteki SR48 lug nuts instead of the Oem lugs?

go_a_way1 01-19-2016 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keenercarguy (Post 2514833)
For my street set I'm running the standard wheels, i have a separate set for autocross/track so this is for street consideration only. What spacing can i run with the oem wheels, lugs, and studs without having problems? I'm talking just a little spacing like 3-10mm only.
Would your answer change if I had Muteki SR48 lug nuts instead of the Oem lugs?

3MM MAX is all I would run on OEM studs.... even then I wouldn't feel safe

Edit: do it right get extended studs

MisterSheep 01-19-2016 06:28 PM

I hear people who run 15mm in fronts and 20mm in back to fill up the fender walls better. I sure hope they run adapters because I could not stand running more than a 5mm on these studs... In all honesty our oem studs suck so freaking bad... I've broken off 3 and have others that want to break again.

renfield90 01-19-2016 07:07 PM

I ran 3mm once and it was a little sketchy.

The stock studs suck anyway, if you change wheels with any frequency you WILL cross thread them eventually.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.