Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Car will not starts at all (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100842)

Tomahawk 02-01-2016 12:06 AM

Car will not starts at all

So for whatever reason my 13 frs won't start. I have two key fobs and both have new batteries and I'm able to turn the car into aux mode but won't turn over at all. The light is on in the dash showing the alarm is on even though the alarm is off (pressing the unlock on the fob) checked every fuse and they're all good to go. Lights, dome lights and all dash lights turn on just fine and battery is new too. I was on a deployment and didn't drive the car everyday so my dad would drive it once a week and car ran just fine but now it won't even do a damn thing. It's FI and Ive had no problems with the car whatsoever. Very frustrating and want to get to the bottom of this. Oh and the fob does unlock and lock the car.

FRSBRZGT86FAN 02-01-2016 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomahawk (Post 2529595)
So for whatever reason my 13 frs won't start. I have two key fobs and both have new batteries and I'm able to turn the car into aux mode but won't turn over at all. The light is on in the dash showing the alarm is on even though the alarm is off (pressing the unlock on the fob) checked every fuse and they're all good to go. Lights, dome lights and all dash lights turn on just fine and battery is new too. I was on a deployment and didn't drive the car everyday so my dad would drive it once a week and car ran just fine but now it won't even do a damn thing. It's FI and Ive had no problems with the car whatsoever. Very frustrating and want to get to the bottom of this. Oh and the fob does unlock and lock the car.

Do you know what the voltage is on the car's battery is? When's the last time your father started it?

Tomahawk 02-01-2016 12:15 AM

He started it last week and took the battery to autozone and it was fine

steve99 02-01-2016 12:21 AM

clutch switch or park/neural switch may be faulty

Tomahawk 02-01-2016 12:30 AM

Is that a costly fix? I know the clutch switch is under the dash, was looking at it earlier but don't know where the park neutral switch is at

Packofcrows 02-01-2016 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomahawk (Post 2529595)

FI as in fuel injection or forced induction?

Do you hear a metallic click from the starter when turning the key? The stock pos Panasonic is krap. With just a .03 mine wouldn't start. Everything else worked 100% fine.

humfrz 02-01-2016 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomahawk (Post 2529616)
Is that a costly fix? I know the clutch switch is under the dash, was looking at it earlier but don't know where the park neutral switch is at

I don't think your car has both.

Is it a MT or AT .. ??

humfrz

Tomahawk 02-01-2016 12:36 AM

Car won't even click over when I turn the key but the starter and alternator are new so o I know that isn't the issue is and it forced induction. Has a FBM stage 1

Tomahawk 02-01-2016 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humfrz (Post 2529622)
I don't think your car has both.

Is it a MT or AT .. ??

humfrz

Damn I went dumb on that one haha I have a headache since I've been trying to figure out what's going on but it's MT

Packofcrows 02-01-2016 12:39 AM

Get meter and check voltage. Make sure power is good, then fuses.

Tomahawk 02-01-2016 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Packofcrows (Post 2529628)

Already checked battery and it's good to go and all fuses are good as well.

humfrz 02-01-2016 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Packofcrows (Post 2529628)

There ya go, ol @Packofcrows is on the case ..... :thumbsup:

http://www.aa1car.com/library/battery_runs_down.htm

Also, make sure the battery connections are clean and tight.

humfrz

humfrz 02-01-2016 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomahawk (Post 2529634)
Already checked battery and it's good to go and all fuses are good as well.

OK, hmmmmm ........what voltage is the battery putting out .. ??

humfrz

Tomahawk 02-01-2016 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humfrz (Post 2529635)
There ya go, ol @Packofcrows is on the case ..... :thumbsup:

http://www.aa1car.com/library/battery_runs_down.htm

Also, make sure the battery connections are clean and tight.

humfrz

Did all do this already and everything is good. It's just a weird situation I'm in because everything checks out good yet the car just doesn't want to turn on.