Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Alignment check (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144181)

Saskatuon 02-11-2021 08:38 PM

Alignment check

1 Attachment(s)
Help, i recently installed LCAs and rear toe arms, i then got an alignment at a custom shop (before measurements) then took it to firestone and got it aligned (actual measurements). The problem i am having is while turning left or right on a curve the car starts to lose traction and the traction control light flashes.
was not doing this before the install and alignment. would this be something with the parts i put on or the alignment. i have taken the car on these roads many times and never lost traction at higher speeds than i am now. The car is on bc racing coilovers which ive been running for about 4 years. any help is greatly appreciated!:bonk::thanks::cry::cry:

Pat 02-11-2021 09:04 PM

For what it's worth I typically run about one degree of camber more in the front than the rear. I suspect your car is under steering badly.

ZDan 02-11-2021 09:12 PM

"Actuals" are current, right?
If measurements are accurate, your rear toe-in was WAY off before, 1.3 degrees total is insane!

Nothing I'm seeing in your current alignment looks off, but you might see if you can check at another shop to confirm.

Did you get LCAs to reduce rear camber? Looks like they evened rear camber out left/right but toward the higher end a bit. Not that I think 3 degrees should give you any problems, but for street car you might want more like -1.5 to -2 degrees.

gen3v8 02-11-2021 09:22 PM

If you took it to a custom shop and got an alignment why did you get another at Firestone. Unless you mean you got it measured at a custom shop first.
Seems like they only adjusted some toe as its all over the place. What specs did you ask them for? It`s not even in their specs. Higher quality picture helps

Saskatuon 02-11-2021 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gen3v8 (Post 3406152)
If you took it to a custom shop and got an alignment why did you get another at Firestone. Unless you mean you got it measured at a custom shop first.
Seems like they only adjusted some toe as its all over the place. What specs did you ask them for? It`s not even in their specs. Higher quality picture helps

i took it to a custom shop after the install planning for it to be my only alignment but it felt horrible after so i wanted a second opinion. turns out it was the toe being far off.

Saskatuon 02-11-2021 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZDan (Post 3406151)
"Actuals" are current, right?
If measurements are accurate, your rear toe-in was WAY off before, 1.3 degrees total is insane!

Nothing I'm seeing in your current alignment looks off, but you might see if you can check at another shop to confirm.

Did you get LCAs to reduce rear camber? Looks like they evened rear camber out left/right but toward the higher end a bit. Not that I think 3 degrees should give you any problems, but for street car you might want more like -1.5 to -2 degrees.

my plan was to reduce camber i bought the lcas 3 years ago and just decided to put them on since i had them tbh

the before was from the custom shops first alignment sadly they didnt have any info on the before, they didnt even give me a alignment sheet after. was a bad shop i regret it but i guess you live and you learn.

Saskatuon 02-11-2021 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat (Post 3406150)
For what it's worth I typically run about one degree of camber more in the front than the rear. I suspect your car is under steering badly.

i went for a drive without tc on, dont know if it was smart or not, but the car drove basically perfect didnt feel anything weird, thinking the sensor got messed up during install maybe? all i can really think of at this point.

gen3v8 02-12-2021 02:42 AM

The wheel alignment is not good the car would not be balanced. It needs to be set up within its adjustment parameters properly front to rear. Apart from a problem. Like i asked
you what specs did you ask for

Grady 02-12-2021 07:35 AM

Ok some simple questions, Tires worn evenly? Tire pressures even?

Your camber is not matched well in the front, to much camber in the back(my opinion)