Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   HELP!!! FR-S Shutdown all lights on the dash came on!!! (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17174)

tric 09-13-2012 01:26 AM

HELP!!! FR-S Shutdown all lights on the dash came on!!!

A few min ago, pulled out from my driveway the check engine light came on. i ignore it thinking its a minor whatever. i'll take it to the dealer in the morn. but by the time i got to the end on my block all lights came on and i felt i lost the power steer. so i pulled over turn it off for a few second and now it just grinds the motor & wont turn over.

-Battery Check
-Starter Check
-All the Lights are still on when you turn on the ignition

me and my friends pushed it back to my driveway.

this could be the result of an idiotic act i did a few days ago. trying to prove my SCION. i peeled off:burnrubber: @ 109 miles.

Could this void my warranty/or whatever coverage i have?
Could i loose the car?
btw im leasing from "millennium toyota" :brokenheart:

im @#$%'ed...

DaJo 09-13-2012 01:41 AM

Wait...you're the same guy that peeled off from the lot because a bunch of kids said it's just a Scion...!

Since the engine was not fully broken in yet, everything probably seized up. Depending on the dealer; I think they will try and plug in their computers to determine if you've eff-ed around with the car during the break-in period...(Correct me if I'm wrong, truly guessing here) and try to prove you in the wrong so they can void that warranty of yours.

Good luck with that...

czar07 09-13-2012 01:43 AM

I doubt its related to you breaking 4000rpm limit. Probably alternator OR the CEL has cause catastrophic engine failure. youll be covered under warranty.
dont sweat it bro theres a lot more to life than cars.

cgrey 09-13-2012 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tric (Post 437453)
A few min ago, pulled out from my driveway the check engine light came on. i ignore it thinking its a minor whatever. i'll take it to the dealer in the morn. but by the time i got to the end on my block all lights came on and i felt i lost the power steer. so i pulled over turn it off for a few second and now it just grinds the motor & wont turn over.

-Battery Check
-Starter Check

this could be the result of an idiotic act i did a few days ago. trying to prove my SCION. i peeled off:burnrubber: @ 109 miles.

Could i loose the car?

im @#$%'ed...

This probably has nothing to do with what it sounds like you did.

Please describe how you "proved" your Scion.

cgrey 09-13-2012 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaJoian (Post 437474)
Wait...you're the same guy that peeled off from the lot because a bunch of kids said it's just a Scion...!

Since the engine was not fully broken in yet, everything probably seized up. Depending on the dealer; I think they will try and plug in their computers to determine if you've eff-ed around with the car during the break-in period...(Correct me if I'm wrong, truly guessing here) and try to prove you in the wrong so they can void that warranty of yours.

Good luck with that...

I hope you're kidding. If not, please refrain from analysis or advice.

track_warrior 09-13-2012 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaJoian (Post 437474)

Good luck with that...

Nah this cant be the problem. I tracked my car with only 500 miles and its at 3k right now doing fine pulling like a champ, the brake in period is a myth on newer engines. This forum is full of people who love to make theories up.

OP:

Its hard to diagnose without pulling some codes or more details. You talk about a grinding noise in the engine, is it a knocking sound ? How is your oil? Share as much info as you can with us in order to help you.

DaJo 09-13-2012 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgrey (Post 437481)
I hope you're kidding. If not, please refrain from analysis or advice.

You never know man. Please refrain from double-posting; you can multi-quote in one post.

sho220 09-13-2012 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tric (Post 437453)

-Battery Check
-Starter Check

Could i loose the car?

im @#$%'ed...

Although it probably wasn't the best idea ever, one burn out at low mileage should not cause a catastrophic failure...

Good luck...hope they can fix it for you.

jmaryt 09-13-2012 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by czar07 (Post 437478)
I doubt its related to you breaking 4000rpm limit. Probably alternator OR the CEL has cause catastrophic engine failure. youll be covered under warranty.
dont sweat it bro theres a lot more to life than cars.

so true! don't be concerned! toyota will take care of you! just continue
to live your life to the fullest! don't let this set back pshycologically impair you!
it's just a car, an inanimate object! can be replaced no worries! don't f**k up
your life over it!

sho220 09-13-2012 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmaryt (Post 437617)
so true! don't be concerned! toyota will take care of you! just continue
to live your life to the fullest! don't let this set back pshycologically impair you!
it's just a car, an inanimate object! can be replaced no worries! don't f**k up
your life over it!

Someone has had their coffee this morning! :D !

jmaryt 09-13-2012 04:13 AM

tea! it gives me "brain farts!" must be the ''antioxidants"

Grishbok 09-13-2012 04:20 AM

Keep us posted on what they diagnose the problem is, im curious as to what could have failed.

You will never 'convince' others to respect your car, or yourself. You earn it.

ragingSPAM 09-13-2012 05:58 AM

one thing to add is that technically speaking the engines in the cars are already "broken in" from the factory...in reality, modern engines are made at such a precise level that the break in process is very minimal and takes very little time, the piston rings basically need to make grooves in the cylinder walls to get a good seal but that occurs rather quickly...just an fyi (hope you feel better)

encity5 09-13-2012 07:56 AM

Don't know what it is, but GOOD LUCK and hope everything works out, sounds like a nightmare