Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Chinese speed/auto lock module blinking hazard issue (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138306)

aznchris 12-27-2019 03:50 AM

Chinese speed/auto lock module blinking hazard issue

I bought a auto/speed lock module for my AT FRS and although it works as advertised, it flashes my hazards every time a door or the trunk is opened. It's quite annoying to me. I was wondering if anyone else had this same module and knows how to disable it. I contacted the seller and they sell to do N-R (3x), but it didn't work. Tried multiple times too. I was wondering if anyone else had any luck or maybe knows how to mod one?

https://i.imgur.com/r8ZnFUo.png

davidmcl 12-28-2019 01:09 AM

Same here. It is apparently a designed safety feature. I think maybe something related to carjacking?

Mr.ac 12-28-2019 01:26 AM

Simple. Uninstall it.
Problem solved.

Buy a different unit, one that doesn't have that annoying feature.

aznchris 12-28-2019 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidmcl (Post 3286346)
Same here. It is apparently a designed safety feature. I think maybe something related to carjacking?

Imagine me carjacking my own car every time? lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.ac (Post 3286351)
Simple. Uninstall it.
Problem solved.

Buy a different unit, one that doesn't have that annoying feature.

Unfortunately I could only find this one that was reasonably priced at like around 20 bucks. The trac box from seriesblueadventures is like 140 and comes with a bunch of extra things that I don't need. I also tried the DIY one from this forum, but for some reason I couldn't get it to work. Tried so many different boards and troubleshoots for the DIY, but to no avail.

soundman98 12-28-2019 08:35 AM

sometimes the best option is to not be cheap about it.

gpvecchi 12-28-2019 10:30 AM

I have the Kiramek JDM module, it works flawlessly, the only annoying thing is that for a MT car you have to unlock with handbrake or button, it doesn't unlock with engine off...

aznchris 12-28-2019 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpvecchi (Post 3286389)
I have the Kiramek JDM module, it works flawlessly, the only annoying thing is that for a MT car you have to unlock with handbrake or button, it doesn't unlock with engine off...

Oohh. I've seen their website. Wouldn't it not matter for M/T that you have to use the handbrake? I mean like uuuuusually you'd pull it before turning off the car right? Too bad it doesn't work for my pleb key turning A/T ): also if it was still available too expensive for me T.T

This got me thinking.. what if I got an adapter, cut the 12v wire from the device side and then just wire the device side to ignition switch. Can't flash my hazards if it doesn't have power lol. Ultimately tho still hate the blinks.

JD001 12-28-2019 10:58 AM

Educate me, what is it? What's it supposed to do?

aznchris 12-28-2019 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD001 (Post 3286399)
Educate me, what is it? What's it supposed to do?

It's an obd2 module that auto locks your door on D gear or 10 KM/h for M/T. Auto unlock your doors on engine off. Has a side function of flashing your blinkers when doors or trunk is open. And for some reason I suspect it will turn on blinkers under hard braking from at least 50mph, but it hasn't happened for me so either I'm not braking hard enough or I'm wrong.

JD001 12-28-2019 11:31 AM

Aahh.. okay, my car (MT) has automatic door locking when the clutch is released and unlocks when in neutral.. but don't have the auto blinking.. I thought this was standard on all Twins.

Grady 12-28-2019 11:45 AM

Isn't there a switch on the door you can hit with you finger?

JD001 12-28-2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grady (Post 3286408)

Yep, and you can hit it with anything you like, not just your finger..

FRSBRZGT86FAN 12-28-2019 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grady (Post 3286408)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD001 (Post 3286427)
Yep, and you can hit it with anything you like, not just your finger..

This seems like a waste of the obd2 port. I'm surprised this can't be done with software or some rom edits, or a splice that doesn't require being constantly plugged into that port...

aznchris 12-29-2019 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN (Post 3286504)
This seems like a waste of the obd2 port. I'm surprised this can't be done with software or some rom edits, or a splice that doesn't require being constantly plugged into that port...

I'm surprised too, but there's nothing that I know of. I mean you could always get a splitter too, but the trac box doesn't plug into obd. It supposedly plugs into a connector behind the HU? Idk how that works. Carista doesn't have the open either. I doubt OFT has an option. Idk what else ):