Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Software Tuning (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Secret (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95670)

Toyota86.ir 10-02-2015 09:55 AM

Secret

Hi Guys
me and all of my friends believe some days our gt86 is not quick and responsive but non of us know why a car some days has more torque and some days it has less torque ?
we say the cars are like human , some days are unhealthy.
i try to log my ecu for finding the answer .

do you have any idea?

go_a_way1 10-02-2015 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toyota86.ir (Post 2408339)
Hi Guys
me and all of my friends believe some days our gt86 is not quick and responsive but non of us know why a car some days has more torque and some days it has less torque ?

do you have any idea?

Oil Temp is a big part of it along with air intake temps.Just sayin.

Hot oil ECU pulls timing, install oil cooler to fix this issue. Hot AIT means less O2 being pulled into the engine so less fuel can be added and less power will be made. Humidity also plays into this effect as well. Those are just a few things that you have little control over that effect how your car drives.

fang_gt86 10-02-2015 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toyota86.ir (Post 2408339)
Hi Guys

do you have any idea?

You got to be more specific. What exactly is that "some day"? Sunny and dry? Cold and dry? High humidity? Gas grade and so on..

bfrank1972 10-02-2015 10:17 AM

1) As others have mentioned, temperature, humidity, gas, etc all make a noticable difference.

2) On top of that, it's also probably you. Human 'butt dynos' are notoriously inconsistent, depending on your mood, how alert you are, etc.

3) Also driving conditions, around town my FR-S feels quite peppy. On the interstate passing, you really notice the power deficit.

4) Driving style, are you driving in the torque dip?

Toyota86.ir 10-02-2015 10:55 AM

you are right about condition.
we know gas quality, height from sea level, humidity and temperature make noticable difference.

we know going from one city to another city with different condition as mentioned above make noticable difference and it take some times ecu adjust it.

non of them relate to my question.

i have no idea but i guess the problem come from ecu and the sensors.

Toyota86.ir 10-02-2015 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go_a_way1 (Post 2408346)
Oil Temp is a big part of it along with air intake temps.Just sayin.

Hot oil ECU pulls timing, install oil cooler to fix this issue. Hot AIT means less O2 being pulled into the engine so less fuel can be added and less power will be made. Humidity also plays into this effect as well. Those are just a few things that you have little control over that effect how your car drives.

i ordered oil cooler because the 0w-20 oil temperature easily goes above 121 celicious in summer.

go_a_way1 10-02-2015 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toyota86.ir (Post 2408376)
i ordered oil cooler because the 0w-20 oil temperature easily goes above 121 celicious in summer.

Tell me about it hahaha!! Next thing to do would be reduce under hood temps as much as you can to reduce AIT. Also make sure you intake is sealed and pulls only cold air from infront of the bumper.

jawn 10-02-2015 11:22 AM

Ideal gas laws and stoichiometry.

Toyota86.ir 10-02-2015 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jawn (Post 2408405)
Ideal gas laws and stoichiometry.

My car use both ethanol and pump gas. When i feel the car is not healthy the ethanol smell increase in car room.
I logged the map but iam was 1 with no ignition timing drop but it seems fuel do not burn correctly.
Afr seems go richer and throttle response is mushy

aagun 10-02-2015 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toyota86.ir (Post 2408373)
you are right about condition.
we know gas quality, height from sea level, humidity and temperature make noticable difference.

we know going from one city to another city with different condition as mentioned above make noticable difference and it take some times ecu adjust it.

non of them relate to my question.

i have no idea but i guess the problem come from ecu and the sensors.

IAM issue or you really have issue

what modal u own ?

Toyota86.ir 10-02-2015 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go_a_way1 (Post 2408394)
Tell me about it hahaha!! Next thing to do would be reduce under hood temps as much as you can to reduce AIT. Also make sure you intake is sealed and pulls only cold air from infront of the bumper.

Is there any way for reducing under hood temps?
I will check intake leakage , good idea , thanks

aagun 10-02-2015 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toyota86.ir (Post 2408465)
My car use both ethanol and pump gas. When i feel the car is not healthy the ethanol smell increase in car room.
I logged the map but iam was 1 with no ignition timing drop but it seems fuel do not burn correctly.
Afr seems go richer and throttle response is mushy

that is the issue

what modal ur 86 is ? from car ID plate in driver door side

go_a_way1 10-02-2015 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toyota86.ir (Post 2408476)
Is there any way for reducing under hood temps?
I will check intake leakage , good idea , thanks

Vented hood, wrap your headers, make side vents, proper skid plate (beatrush makes one now) ummmm remove the crash bar if you want more flow (I would not do this but its an option) What intake do you have?

Toyota86.ir 10-02-2015 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aagun (Post 2408467)
IAM issue or you really have issue

what modal u own ?

There is no iam issue, the problem is not unique to brz and all cars have similar problem.