Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Verus CF driveshafts. (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146769)

Bodalenko 09-03-2021 07:39 PM

Verus CF driveshafts.

Simple question.

Need an honest review of the Verus CF driveshaft by those that have one installed with regard to Install difficulties, increase, if any, in NVH, and overall satisfaction with the unit.

Also for those using one with the IRP shifter. Have you had any issues with rubbing with both fitted.

Apparently there is a post here somewhere from someone mentioning the issue.

Thanks in advance.

StraightOuttaCanadaEh 09-03-2021 07:43 PM

With any aftermarket driveshaft, diff and subframe bushings cause a change in pinion angle and vibration at around 80 mph. Stock cars don't seem to have this issue.

gpvecchi 09-06-2021 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh (Post 3462880)
With any aftermarket driveshaft, diff and subframe bushings cause a change in pinion angle and vibration at around 80 mph. Stock cars don't seem to have this issue.

I have the STi bushings (4 on the subframe and 2 in the back of the differential), same shape of stock ones.
Do you think I would suffer of vibrations from the driveshaft?

billstock67 09-06-2021 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bodalenko (Post 3462878)
Simple question.

Need an honest review of the Verus CF driveshaft by those that have one installed with regard to Install difficulties, increase, if any, in NVH, and overall satisfaction with the unit.

Also for those using one with the IRP shifter. Have you had any issues with rubbing with both fitted.

Thanks in advance.

I had 2 that vibrated above 80 mph. I do have Whiteline differential, subframe, and transmission crossmember inserts, which may have influenced things.

StraightOuttaCanadaEh 09-06-2021 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpvecchi (Post 3463568)
I have the STi bushings (4 on the subframe and 2 in the back of the differential), same shape of stock ones.
Do you think I would suffer of vibrations from the driveshaft?

Don't think so. I think it's the bushing inserts that do it. Not sure if replacement bushings do it.

Irace86.2.0 09-07-2021 11:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bodalenko (Post 3462878)
Simple question.

Thanks in advance.

:search: In this case, you just had to scroll

Grady 09-07-2021 09:10 PM

I would look for the original design one. I have Whiteline transmission, subframe and diff inserts along with Torque solutions engine mounts. It is possibly causing a harmonic noise above 130 MPH. Can’t say I am worried about it I don’t get there at any of the tracks around here.