Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Scangauge oil temp xgauge code [Working] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28374)

pkny 02-06-2013 10:38 PM

Scangauge xgauge code for oil temp, seat belt beep disable, and more
 
1 Attachment(s)
Working code for FR-S/BRZ/86:
Code:

Gauge                          Unit          TXD                  RXF                      RXD      MTH                      Note
Oil temp                      C        07E02101      010702E80324    3008    00010001FFD8    Required FW 4.05 or higher
Oil temp                      F        07E02101      010702E80324    3008    00090005FFD8    Required FW 4.05 or higher
 
Precise Fuel Level        %        07C02129      046105290000    2808    000100010000    Faster refresh rate
Precise Fuel Level    US Gallons  07C02129      046145290000    2808    052900640000    Faster refresh rate
Precise Fuel Level      Liters      07C02129        046145290000    2808    01F4000A0000    Faster refresh rate
 
Seat Belt Beep Query              07C021A7        046115A70000    2808    000100010000  C0 for stock, 00 for disable
Seat Belt Beep Disable              07C03BA700    047B15A70000    2008    000100010000  Should return 0000. Replace '00' in the TXD with 'C0' to go back to stock.
 
Relative Throttle Position      %          07E00145            044185450000        2808    03E800FF0000   
Absolute Throttle Position    %          07E00147            044185470000        2808    03E800FF0000
 
Fuel Pressure                    PSI        07E00123            046105230000        2810    006400450000
Fuel Pressure                    MPa        07E00123            046145230000        2810    000100010000

Attachment 28549 is the list of supported standard (mode 01) PID for 86/BRZ/FR-S. This list is created from the Wiki’PID, and I highlighted the ones that are supported by our cars.

Here is an example of how to make use of the doc I created:
From the Xgauge cansf list, the short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1 has the TXD 07E00106. The 01 (07E00106) is the mode #. The 06 (07E00106) is the PID. Now look at the doc I attached. It shows the PID 06 is supported, which means that xgauge code works on our cars. The PID 07, On the other hand, is not highlighted on the list. That means the Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2 is not supported.


Thank you Andery for finding the PID and torque’s code for oil temperature. Without him, I don’t think I can get the oil temp for xgauge.

jonnyboy 02-06-2013 10:49 PM

You are amazing!
Thanks for figuring this out!

jonnyboy 02-07-2013 02:26 AM

Not sure if my the codes would vary by locality, but on my scangauge I had to alter one value in the MTH:
MTH 00010001FFD8

pkny 02-07-2013 02:45 AM

Jonnyboy, thank you for catching my typo. Yeah, it should be 00010001FFD8. It has been a long day. Anyway, the 1st post was corrected.

86•BRZ 02-07-2013 05:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
worked for me... a million thanks!

Nardi330 02-07-2013 06:22 AM

Sorry for bring a noob. Can you also post the steps to setup in the scangauge?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: never mind, found some instruction online and Weill try it later.

Synack 02-07-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86•BRZ (Post 718128)
worked for me... a million thanks!

The IA is intake air temp?

What's WT, water?

R2 02-07-2013 10:43 PM

I've had my eye on the ScanGuage for quite awhile, this is great. By the way, will the Scanguage fit in the slot under the a/c controls? It looks close, maybe not for the push button start equipped cars but perhaps the ones without.

TIE Pilot 02-07-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R2 (Post 720414)
I've had my eye on the ScanGuage for quite awhile, this is great. By the way, will the Scanguage fit in the slot under the a/c controls? It looks close, maybe not for the push button start equipped cars but perhaps the ones without.

http://www.scangauge.com/image-resou..._with-dims.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R2 02-07-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_m (Post 720430)

Boom. There it is, thanks. :thanks:

TIE Pilot 02-07-2013 11:09 PM

You can set the The ScanGaugeE the same right? Since is more than an 1" shorter should fit b/w start button and usb


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R2 02-07-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_m (Post 720463)
You can set the The ScanGaugeE the same right? Since is more than an 1" shorter should fit b/w start button and usb


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I couldn't find my tape measure but with a shitty ruler I found that there is plenty of width for the standard unit. However, height is an issue and you may have to remove or trim the rubber in the slot. The height of the slot without that rubber is over 1.5" though so it can work. My other concern is the display contrast - can you see the display clearly from the drivers position if it were installed there flush with the dash?

86•BRZ 02-08-2013 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synack (Post 720391)
The IA is intake air temp?

What's WT, water?

yep, exactly right

86•BRZ 02-08-2013 02:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here is a pic I found on these forums somewhere



Ill have to look into the scangauge E, hopefully it will fit in the start button models. I pinched this scangage from my other car anyway..

Nardi330 02-08-2013 02:23 AM

My older version 3.17 doesn't work. Need to send it in to upgrade firmware.

86•BRZ 02-08-2013 02:37 AM

:( Dang

86•BRZ 02-08-2013 02:40 AM

doesn't look like you can put custom gauges in the scangauge E, not sure I want to dremel out the usb port just yet.. I can pop it on the steering column if i need it..

Nardi330 02-08-2013 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86•BRZ (Post 720735)
:( Dang

Well it's A$50 + one way postage (return postage included in the $50) so it's not too bad.

TIE Pilot 02-08-2013 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86•BRZ (Post 720736)
doesn't look like you can put custom gauges in the scangauge E, not sure I want to dremel out the usb port just yet.. I can pop it on the steering column if i need it..

Oh ok i see it now, no X-Gauge Feature for scangauge E.

Synack 02-08-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86•BRZ (Post 720697)
here is a pic I found on these forums somewhere



Ill have to look into the scangauge E, hopefully it will fit in the start button models. I pinched this scangage from my other car anyway..

Wow that's perfect! I'm totally getting one and doing that now.

brillo 02-08-2013 10:15 AM

I just sent mine in for the firmware update.

pkny 02-09-2013 04:47 PM

Fast refresh precise Fuel gauge
 
Found a xgauge code for faster, more accurate and precise fuel level:

Percentage:
TXD 07C02129
RXF 046105290000
RXD 2808
MTH 000100010000

US Gallons:
TXD 07C02129
RXF 046145290000
RXD 2808
MTH 052900640000

Liters:
TXD 07C02129
RXF 046145290000
RXD 2808
MTH 01F4000A0000

TIE Pilot 02-09-2013 08:00 PM

This looks like a fairly good guide
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...ZTUR1eVE&hl=en


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIE Pilot 02-09-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pkny (Post 724041)
Found a xgauge code for faster, more accurate and precise fuel level:

Percentage:
TXD 07C02129
RXF 046105290000
RXD 2808
MTH 000100010000

US Gallons:
TXD 07C02129
RXF 046145290000
RXD 2808
MTH 052900640000

Liters:
TXD 07C02129
RXF 046145290000
RXD 2808
MTH 01F400A0000


Can give this a try ... U never know it might work...


Wheel Pressure showing tenths place

Wheel 1 Pressure:
TXD: 075122C901
RXF: 046285C90601
RXD: 3008
MTH: 4DC627100000
NAM: TP1

Wheel 2 Pressure:
TXD: 075122C901
RXF: 046285C90601
RXD: 3808
MTH: 4DC627100000
NAM: TP2

Wheel 3 Pressure:
TXD: 075122C901
RXF: 046285C90601
RXD: 4008
MTH: 4DC627100000
NAM: TP3

Wheel 4 Pressure:
TXD: 075122C901
RXF: 046285C90601
RXD: 4808
MTH: 4DC627100000
NAM: TP4



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

86•BRZ 02-09-2013 09:12 PM

Someone needs to make a sticky database here of all the working 86 BRZ FRS codes that work.

pkny 02-09-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_m (Post 724393)
Can give this a try ... U never know it might work...


Wheel Pressure showing tenths place

Wheel 1 Pressure:
TXD: 075122C901
RXF: 046285C90601
RXD: 3008
MTH: 4DC627100000
NAM: TP1

Wheel 2 Pressure:
TXD: 075122C901
RXF: 046285C90601
RXD: 3808
MTH: 4DC627100000
NAM: TP2

Wheel 3 Pressure:
TXD: 075122C901
RXF: 046285C90601
RXD: 4008
MTH: 4DC627100000
NAM: TP3

Wheel 4 Pressure:
TXD: 075122C901
RXF: 046285C90601
RXD: 4808
MTH: 4DC627100000
NAM: TP4



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These codes are for Ford/Mazda, right? The 22 in TXD 075122C901 is the mode #. Toyota uses mode 21 (and standard mode 01).

For anyone who wants to get more understanding about the xgauge code, I suggest take a look at the xgauge coding manual.

Note: This manual does not cover the multi-frame coding (e.g. oil temp). I can do a write up on that if someone is interested.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86•BRZ (Post 724462)
Someone needs to make a sticky database here of all the working 86 BRZ FRS codes that work.


I’ll try to do that when I have time.

TIE Pilot 02-09-2013 10:18 PM

Yes it is. I was hoping they were standard codes. I'm going read your attach' to understand thanx.

I'm hunting for a small gauge due to the lack estate in this car. So far i'm liking scangauge. And TPMS will be a dream here.

+1 on the write up.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIE Pilot 02-09-2013 11:25 PM

@pkny how about car settings? Like disable seatbelt beep or other examples i read for toyota.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pkny 02-10-2013 03:10 AM

TPMS is on a different bus. Only Techstream and some expensive readers can read it.

86•BRZ 02-10-2013 03:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just realised the steering wheel telescoped forward when I saw the nardi330 mobile and wonders why there was more room. This is the perfect spot.
Attachment 27924

NZ86 02-10-2013 09:13 PM

Does anyone know the codes for oil pressure? Oil pressure and temperature are the most important to me, it would be nice to have them both.

I have had a quick look around but have not had any luck finding anything.

86•BRZ 02-10-2013 09:30 PM

Do we know if the ECU even logs it?

Sportsguy83 02-10-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NZ86 (Post 726183)
Does anyone know the codes for oil pressure? Oil pressure and temperature are the most important to me, it would be nice to have them both.

I have had a quick look around but have not had any luck finding anything.

It is believed that there is no oil pressure sensor perse, just a signal triggered in a specific pressure value to turn the dash light on when it gets to very low psi. By that time, damage is already done.

pkny 02-11-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_m (Post 724653)
@pkny how about car settings? Like disable seatbelt beep or other examples i read for toyota.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May be the code is the same as the link you post. I don't know. I'll need to do some testing.

neutron256 02-11-2013 10:35 PM

A big thanks to everyone working on this. After seeing that we can read oil temp I was sold and ordered my scanguage yesterday.

pkny 02-12-2013 09:37 PM

Confirmed. The disable seatbelt beep code from Prius genIII is working on our car.

Code:

Seat Belt Beep Query  07C021A7 046115A70000 2808 000100010000 SBQ  C0 for stock, 00 for disable
Seat Belt Beep Disable 07C03BA700 047B15A70000 2008 000100010000 SBS  Should return A7. Replace '00' with 'C0' to go back to stock.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VE&hl=en#gid=5

Lonewolf 02-12-2013 09:53 PM

Does anyone know if Aeroforce offers any scan gauges compatible with the FRS/BRZ?

ayau 02-12-2013 09:58 PM

Can anyone clarify what sensors the Scangauge can read?

Oil temp?
Water temp?
Oil pressure?
Anything else?

Also, how does using the OEM sensors differ from using aftermarket gauge/sensors?

TIE Pilot 02-12-2013 10:03 PM

Awesome. Now reverse beep... I know i know i need to buy my own.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pkny 02-12-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayau (Post 731152)
Can anyone clarify what sensors the Scangauge can read?

Oil temp? Yes
Water temp? Yes
Oil pressure? No. The car doesn't have the sensor.
Anything else? See the 1st post and scanguage's website.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.