Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Software Tuning (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Open Flash Tablet - OFT TIPS Trick’s & FAQ (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71157)

Wayno 03-19-2015 09:34 PM

Yep, code due to plugging in, in transit.

steve99 03-19-2015 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayno (Post 2176867)
Yep, code due to plugging in, in transit.

If it was U0155 you can disable that in ROM so plugging in oft or other obd device does not trigger that code.

Shiv usually does this but maybe missed A01I roms

TouchMyHonda 03-21-2015 08:13 AM

Hummmm

cdq85 03-21-2015 09:34 AM

what's up guys. i'm a newbie here and just bought the oft a few days ago. I read my stock file just fine but the "write" function is still grayed out. I skimmed through this whole section but couldn't find anything that too helpful for it. any ideas? and I did email shiv and also tried the sales@openflashperformance email as well but have had no response.

kevin.nguyen 03-21-2015 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdq85 (Post 2178763)
what's up guys. i'm a newbie here and just bought the oft a few days ago. I read my stock file just fine but the "write" function is still grayed out. I skimmed through this whole section but couldn't find anything that too helpful for it. any ideas? and I did email shiv and also tried the sales@openflashperformance email as well but have had no response.

Is it used?

Bader 03-21-2015 09:43 AM

Go to the Openflash gt86 section and download the ots maps and openflash manager. Install the manager and apply the windows 8 patch if you're running win8.

Start openflash manager then connect the oft through usb to your pc. After it updates everything you can upload the OTS maps corresponding to your original ecu tune to OFT.

Once you've finished all that you can hook up the OFT to your car and flash the OTS tune.

cdq85 03-21-2015 09:55 AM

Yes, it is used. I just bought it off of someone on the forum and it was definitely unmarried if that was the next question. Bader, that was going to be my next step but won't be able to until later today as I only have a Mac at work and will have to wait until I get home to try out the openflash manager. Thanks for your quick responses guys I appreciate it!

Aztec 03-21-2015 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdq85 (Post 2178769)
Yes, it is used. I just bought it off of someone on the forum and it was definitely unmarried if that was the next question. Bader, that was going to be my next step but won't be able to until later today as I only have a Mac at work and will have to wait until I get home to try out the openflash manager. Thanks for your quick responses guys I appreciate it!

https://www.parallels.com/
Time to use windows on a mac ;)

cdq85 03-21-2015 04:22 PM

I just figured that out too so i downloaded it at work but then realized i forgot the oft at home. damnit. i can't win today lol

steve99 03-21-2015 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdq85 (Post 2179105)
I just figured that out too so i downloaded it at work but then realized i forgot the oft at home. damnit. i can't win today lol

@Bader is correct, when oft is unmarried its completly erased, so has no prestored maps like a new one.

once you load up maps from oft downloads site use the v 2.063 maps you will be good to go, use the ecu info button to read you calid.

read button will be grey if oft has read stock rom correctly

tonystewart 03-21-2015 06:57 PM

Good day
Under Miscellaneous Thresholds, Radiator Fan Thresholds
has anyone lowered this in order to prevent the IAT's from climbing too quickly in hot climates?
Thank you for the help and advice!

s2d4 03-21-2015 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonystewart (Post 2179223)
Good day
Under Miscellaneous Thresholds, Radiator Fan Thresholds
has anyone lowered this in order to prevent the IAT's from climbing too quickly in hot climates?
Thank you for the help and advice!

Yes, lowered but not for the same reason.

tonystewart 03-21-2015 07:12 PM

Thank you
Your car looks fantastic, those wheels, very nice!

What were the reasons? What values were used?

Thanks again

steve99 03-21-2015 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonystewart (Post 2179237)
Thank you
Your car looks fantastic, those wheels, very nice!

What were the reasons? What values were used?

Thanks again

check out the Tune Tweaks link below has links to fan adjustments and thread on adjusting fan settings.