follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 10-16-2015, 01:42 PM   #1
orangespark

Drives: White Frs AT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Talking Advance Multiplier at 1 in log?

I was going to tune my car using OFT logs for fuel trims and less knocking. I've read through all the tuning tutorials online. Just had a few questions:
My LTFT ranges from 4.7% to -7% so i'll have to tune that. For now though:

1. My Advance Multiplier is stuck at 1 always. Is it the same as IAM? Is being at 1 always normal or am i logging the wrong thing?
2. My KC learned ranges from 0 to 3.6. In all the tutorials, it mentions KC learned isn't representative of knock? Is that true?

A screenshot of these parameters is attached.

New to this
Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

orangespark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 01:49 PM   #2
kchar
Because Racecar

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Yes your IAM is your advance multiplier and being at 1 is where it should be! You should be looking for flkc values and knock correction values because KC Learned values will always be applied from the tune itself.
kchar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kchar For This Useful Post:
orangespark (10-16-2015)
Old 10-16-2015, 02:05 PM   #3
orangespark

Drives: White Frs AT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Oh. My FLKC and Knock correction show up as 0 in most logs. Attached is one of the logs where it ranges between 0 and -0.7 on FLKC and between 0 and -1.4 on Knock Correction.
Attached Images

orangespark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 04:14 PM   #4
Kodename47

Drives: UK GT86
Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,112 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
IAM stands for Ignition Advance Multiplier.

KC learned should match the ignition advance table when IAM is 1.

FLKC and KC will show as negative values when timing is being removed due to "knock." KC will never be positive. FLKC can be positive when IAM is less than 1 and it's adding timing back in.

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 03:10 AM   #5
RustySocket
Slow Learner

Drives: 15 Halo FRS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post
IAM stands for Ignition Advance Multiplier.

KC learned should match the ignition advance table when IAM is 1.

FLKC and KC will show as negative values when timing is being removed due to "knock." KC will never be positive. FLKC can be positive when IAM is less than 1 and it's adding timing back in.

So if I am seeing IAM values less than 1 consistently do I want to look at KC learned and consider modifying my advance tables in my tune?

I had been purchasing fuel at the same pump same station for three tanks and IAM was at 1 always. Purchased fuel at a different station and now IAM is fluctuating between .82-.99 and I'm seeing what you described with +/- values for FLKC. Once this tank is gone I'll go back to the previous fuel station and monitor what happens with IAM.

But at what point do you consider it to be good enough. Do you constantly datalog and adjust timing or do you just look at averages over a period of time and deal with the occasional knock and let the ecu handle it.
RustySocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 03:32 AM   #6
Kodename47

Drives: UK GT86
Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,112 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustySocket View Post
So if I am seeing IAM values less than 1 consistently do I want to look at KC learned and consider modifying my advance tables in my tune?

I had been purchasing fuel at the same pump same station for three tanks and IAM was at 1 always. Purchased fuel at a different station and now IAM is fluctuating between .82-.99 and I'm seeing what you described with +/- values for FLKC. Once this tank is gone I'll go back to the previous fuel station and monitor what happens with IAM.

But at what point do you consider it to be good enough. Do you constantly datalog and adjust timing or do you just look at averages over a period of time and deal with the occasional knock and let the ecu handle it.
Don't worry about looking at KC learned, it doesn't really help and is a waste of a parameter. You want FLKC and Knock Correction (what I said as KC above) otherwise known as FBKC. Just an FYI but KC Learned value is basically the advance table multiplied by IAM minus any knock corrections.

FBKC will never show a positive value. FLKC will only show positive when IAM is less than 1 and is indicating when timing is being added back in.

Everyone has their way of changing tables and what they deem acceptable.. Most, me included, adjust the base timing tables. If you think it's bad gas then just wait until it's out the system. Some people like their IAM to be solid at 1. I have mine set so that it will only drop 0.02 at a time and on the odd occasion it might drop to 0.98/0.96 but that doesn't bother me as it runs at 1 for 95% of the time. However if it was regularly dropping more than that then I'd look into it. Personally, if it's above 0.9 all the time and most of the time it's at 1 then that's ok, if it's 1 almost all the time then that's the ideal. Any less than 0.9 regularly and if it never reaches 1 then I'd start making corrections.

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kodename47 For This Useful Post:
RustySocket (10-21-2015)

Tags
tuning knock iem oft