follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 06-09-2015, 06:46 PM   #1
Xuningshen

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stock brz headunit bluetooth

I googled around and couldn't figure this out.

I was running my galaxy S5 no problem on that thing for the whole year. then i get an s6 edge, i connected it and it worked for one day before it freaked out on me.

basically it says "error" or connection failed whenever I try anything.
tried to delete all the phones and start fresh, it just says "connection failed" when trying to disconnect... lol... the weirdest thing ever. same thing when i tried to add new devices, it immediately says "connection failed" as soon as I hit the add/new button...

I decided to completely reset my nav unit to factory settings loosing all my junk. but it still does it.... its so weird.

been doing all the maint. and stuff myself at this 1 year mark and all is well.
Car is still under warranty but frankly I dont want dealerships touching my car and I don't want to deal with their BS and apparent incompetence. I worked at an autoshop before and know how things go.... worked with a ex chevy dealer mechanic and oh my... never go to one... so many stories.

if i can't fix it i'll get an aftermarket unit like the CA-FI. this stock one is a slow piece of junk anyway compared to my 2006 lexus nav system.
Old 06-10-2015, 07:47 PM   #2
Itzed

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Is the factory reset just a soft reset? Maybe disconnect the battery and see if that helps? Just guessing for you. I really kind of hate that head unit, it has never worked right with my HTC One.
Itzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:27 PM   #3
VroomVroom

Drives: 2013 Red Subaru BRZ MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Honestly your gonna fight this forever. My Iphone4 worked great. My S4 galaxy didnt worked at all. MotoX1 was in and out all the time. MotoX2 just takes forever to connect but works great. I'm not saying yours wont fix but i tried the same. It fixes it for a while deleting settings in phone/unit or unplugging car battery, works for a little while and then connects and reconnects like crazy. Just return phone or get a different head unit. The subaru bluetooth is too damn picky.
VroomVroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:13 AM   #4
fika84

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Only permanent fix is to replace the HU with something aftermarket and better!
fika84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 09:48 AM   #5
DliciousFish

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited MT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
There's an option in the bluetooth menu to initiate the connection from either the car or the phone. Switch it to phone initiated. I have an S6 Edge and it had trouble consistently connecting otherwise. I also turned off the automatic loading of phone contacts.
DliciousFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:08 AM   #6
Fabb

Drives: BRZ DGM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Same exact problem any1 have any luck with it?
Fabb is offline   Reply With Quote