follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

AUSTRALIA Australia and New Zealand

User Tag List

Old 06-28-2014, 10:42 PM   #1
archangel

Drives: Soon to be GT 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question about using GTS led headlights on a GT

I have the 86GT not the 86GTS due to the price difference for what little difference aesthetics you get. Anyway I loveeeeee the LED headlights that you get in the GTS version and want to get them for my GT. I know last year at the time no such thing existed and you could not get them as you had to rewire the electrical components etc or to get the HID headlights. Im still doing some searches to find what variations exist and stumbled upon this link.

http://led86.com.au/headlights/84-wi..._colors-chrome

Anyone have this for review or to offer insight on how they rate it? It seems great to me just reading the description but I would like to know if anyone has this if it is hard to fit yourself or better off at getting a pro to set it up and if so how much roughly would it cost to fit? Im abit sketchy as it states it requires the front bumper removed to fit the lights and I dont feel confident at doing this "gently" without damaging something on my car.
archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:08 AM   #2
JakeG

Drives: MY15 GTS 6AT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Join the NSW 86/BRZ car club. ask them.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:31 PM   #3
LED86

Drives: Black 86 GTS
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Hi Arch. The front bumper is quite easily removed. On first time installing and it only took 3 hours and that was including a few mistakes that made it take longer than it should. Anyway as im not currently a sponsor here i will send you a PM to continue discussion.
LED86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 07:55 PM   #4
Manji
Toyotas don't have boxers

Drives: GTV86, ISF, TE27
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LED86 View Post
Hi Arch. The front bumper is quite easily removed. On first time installing and it only took 3 hours and that was including a few mistakes that made it take longer than it should. Anyway as im not currently a sponsor here i will send you a PM to continue discussion.
Hi LED86,

Tried to place an order on your website, but it wouldn't allow me to select New Zealand for delivery. Sorry to post here, but doesn't appear that I can PM you.

Mike
Manji is offline   Reply With Quote