follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 05-31-2014, 12:49 AM   #1
aakash

Drives: Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
OEM Mudflaps to Rally Armor?

Hello,

I was wondering, has anyone swapped out the OEM MudFlaps for the Rally Armor Flaps? Iv had the OEM on now for about 6 months, do not mind the look however I cringe every time I detail my car, because I can see the shotty fitment of the flap onto the fender panel, leaving to my imagination that a bunch of stuck debris in-between the flap and the panel, which could harm the paint and possibly cause a mismatch. Also, I kinda look the look of the rally armor flaps.

I had them installed at the dealership, they did it for free, does the install require drilling that may have been done? that id need to worry about. or would it be as simple as un-attaching the OEM and and fitting on the rally armor per instructions?

Aakash
aakash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 01:09 AM   #2
YMAA
Maximum puntential

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ 6MT LTD
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I went from no flaps to the Rally Armor ones. Fitment was spot on, no drilling required, didn't even have to remove the rear tires because my friend and I used a ratchet with a Phillips head that was low profile enough to screw in the mounting screws. That said, I could see that removing the rear tires would have made it quite a bit easier.

My only real complaint about the flaps, and this is nitpicking, is that the included screws are silver while the flaps themselves are black. I don't mind it that much but it would have been nice to have the screws painted to match the flaps just from an aesthetic standpoint.

And I like the way the flaps look too.
aakash (05-31-2014)