follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

AUSTRALIA Australia and New Zealand

User Tag List

Old 05-09-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
newft86

Drives: 86 Every Chance I get!!!
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Questions for Toyota Aust.

Hi all. Can't wait for the 4th of June!!!! Off to official 86 product training! Unfortunately it will be a non-drive training session but meh gotta take what we can get. It will be interesting to see how many of us (as in us salespeople) will be pushing for the pricing/actual release date.

Ok guys and gals here's your chance. Got a question about the 86 you want me to ask Toyota Australia at the training session on your behalf? Post it here and i will do my best to have all your questions answered beforehand or if unattainable beforehand then during the training session. Naturally i always ask them for confirmation of pricing release, amount per spec and car release dates every time a Toyota Aust. rep pops his/her head through our door; but i digress, got a question for me to ask them? Post away.
newft86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
stevo_12v

Drives: Mazda MX-6 Turbo, Toyota GTS86 37J
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Garage
I got a couple:

1.) Are 'stock standard parts' readily available for purchase? What I mean by that is for example a customer wishing to purchase white side indicators(instead of the usual amber), and DIFFERENT coloured vents(the 86 fender badge).

2.) If Toyota is somewhat affiliated with the US "Scion" brand, are they able to bring the FiveAxis body kit in? If they are - are Toyota Australia able to bring separate parts instead of the whole kit?

3.) Will using the "TRD Sports Air Filter" on either the GT/GTS or even the BRZ void the warranty? Even if the customer is willing to have it *dealer installed* prior to delivery/pickup.

4.) Will using any 'underbrace' kids (specifically the TRD) one, also cause any warranty issues. Even if the customer is willing to have it *dealer installed* prior to delivery/pickup.

5.) Will using the CUSCO Oil/Air Separator also cause any warranty issues. Even if the customer is willing to have it *dealer installed* prior to delivery/pickup.

6.) Will using the TRD Sports Oil Filter also cause any warranty issues. Even if the customer is willing to have it *dealer installed* prior to delivery/pickup.

6.) Will using the TRD *BRAIDED Brake Lines also cause any warranty or *ADR* issues. Even if the customer is willing to have it *dealer installed* prior to delivery/pickup.

8.) Estimated date for dealers to receive 'demonstration' vehicles?? Will they arrive BEFORE the 'pre-ordered customers get their cars'??

9.) Are you able to get photographs of the SUBWOOFER option?? And any specs on the SUBWOOFER option?

10.) Does the GT/GTS require a TPMS for the wheels also?

11.) Are the GTS Spec models able to have a 'remote start' feature(some alarms allow you to remote start)? WITHOUT the FOB being within the proximity of the car.

I think that should be about it from me, lol. Thanks.
stevo_12v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #3
Pvt AJ

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
here is some of mine as i think of them:

1. Will modifying effect warranty to the complete car or to only parts modified? (along the lines of what Stevo_12v is asking).

2. Will there be an option for the Red interior? (such as red steering wheel and red seats).

3. Will 'spare parts' be readily available from release/ by the time cars are delivered?

4. Which sydney based dealers will be getting a red demo model in for viewing? (and if possible test-drive)

5. Will toyota offer any caped price servicing or incentives with the car? or will that depend on dealer?

6. When will TRD options become available to order?
Pvt AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:35 PM   #4
Gir

Drives: 86 GT Manual - Sonic Blue
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
1. Will the car have the full sized spare (as shown in early Australian photos), or will it be an option (if full size is the only option, it's a deal breaker, as it makes the boot useless)

2. One of the features of the GTS is the "white tacho with digital speed readout". Does this mean the GT doesn't have a tacho?

3. Will GTS specific features (such as HIDs) be available as options on the GT, or available for purchase from dealers?
Gir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:07 PM   #5
davey90
Akina Speed Stars

Drives: White 86 GTS Auto [CID- ***]
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to davey90
my questions is a summerised version of all "stevo 12V" questions above.

Will using any TRD branded product on either the GT/GTS or even the BRZ void the warranty?

- Even if the customer is willing to have it *dealer installed* prior to delivery/pickup or later on within the warranty period.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:59 PM   #6
Skorov

Drives: 86 GTS White
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
1. Same question about warranty regarding custom sound system.
2. There has been talk of a factory turbocharged edition of the 86 being released in future. Any truth to this? If so, estimated dates?
3. Will there be an option to add a turbo at a later date? (through TRD I guess) If not, will custom adding a turbo affect the warranty?
Skorov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #7
pr0j

Drives: 2010 Forester X
I just want to know about finance options and what they are able to do to get me in the car. That, and pricing
pr0j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:06 PM   #8
Nardi330

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
would the car being serviced by Subaru dealers void warranty??? lol

i mean most major parts are subaru (engine, sussy, brakes etc) and they probably have more experience to the boxer engine etc.....
Nardi330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #9
Varvs

Drives: '97 180SX Type X
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo_12v View Post
I got a couple:

1.) Are 'stock standard parts' readily available for purchase? What I mean by that is for example a customer wishing to purchase white side indicators(instead of the usual amber), and DIFFERENT coloured vents(the 86 fender badge).

2.) If Toyota is somewhat affiliated with the US "Scion" brand, are they able to bring the FiveAxis body kit in? If they are - are Toyota Australia able to bring separate parts instead of the whole kit?

3.) Will using the "TRD Sports Air Filter" on either the GT/GTS or even the BRZ void the warranty? Even if the customer is willing to have it *dealer installed* prior to delivery/pickup.

4.) Will using any 'underbrace' kids (specifically the TRD) one, also cause any warranty issues. Even if the customer is willing to have it *dealer installed* prior to delivery/pickup.

5.) Will using the CUSCO Oil/Air Separator also cause any warranty issues. Even if the customer is willing to have it *dealer installed* prior to delivery/pickup.

6.) Will using the TRD Sports Oil Filter also cause any warranty issues. Even if the customer is willing to have it *dealer installed* prior to delivery/pickup.

6.) Will using the TRD *BRAIDED Brake Lines also cause any warranty or *ADR* issues. Even if the customer is willing to have it *dealer installed* prior to delivery/pickup.

8.) Estimated date for dealers to receive 'demonstration' vehicles?? Will they arrive BEFORE the 'pre-ordered customers get their cars'??

9.) Are you able to get photographs of the SUBWOOFER option?? And any specs on the SUBWOOFER option?

10.) Does the GT/GTS require a TPMS for the wheels also?

11.) Are the GTS Spec models able to have a 'remote start' feature(some alarms allow you to remote start)? WITHOUT the FOB being within the proximity of the car.

I think that should be about it from me, lol. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davey90 View Post
my questions is a summerised version of all "stevo 12V" questions above.

Will using any TRD branded product on either the GT/GTS or even the BRZ void the warranty?

- Even if the customer is willing to have it *dealer installed* prior to delivery/pickup or later on within the warranty period.

Yeah that was a really long way of asking one question.

my question is:

will the TRD body kit be available in Australia?
Varvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #10
Nafe

Drives: Mt Fuji Red 86 GT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Most of my questions seem to have been asked (for now :P). Mainly warranty implications of modifications, although it *should* be the same as most manufactures.
The other things I was interested in knowing are fairly specific technical stuff.
1. I was hoping to find out what the standard springs rates are
2. I was hoping to find out if the differential is the G series diff from the mk4 supra. From what I understand it is the same as the Lexus IS cars are fitted with, which is a G series. Because this would mean the current TRD diff would fit straight in.
3. Also wandering the diff ratio.
Thanks man
Nafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:58 PM   #11
Nafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorov View Post
1. Same question about warranty regarding custom sound system.
2. There has been talk of a factory turbocharged edition of the 86 being released in future. Any truth to this? If so, estimated dates?
3. Will there be an option to add a turbo at a later date? (through TRD I guess) If not, will custom adding a turbo affect the warranty?
Yes, of course it will. That doesn't even need to be asked of Toyota.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #12
davey90
Akina Speed Stars

Drives: White 86 GTS Auto [CID- ***]
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to davey90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorov View Post
Yup! it will void warranty, any after market changes relating to performance will void warranty.

Besides TRD...not sure yet! =P
Old 05-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #13
Staticfrost
Banned

Drives: Eight Six
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0j View Post
I just want to know about finance options and what they are able to do to get me in the car. That, and pricing
Go into a dealership and sit down with there finance people (did this on the weekend) you have to fill in paper work and crap...
Staticfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #14
Nafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey90 View Post
Yup! it will void warranty, any after market changes relating to performance will void warranty.

Besides TRD...not sure yet! =P
No, it doesn’t automatically void warranty. It will void warranty on related parts *if* there is a failure that is related to the aftermarket part.
Eg. If you turbo your car and a strut leaks, that strut will still be covered by warranty. Likewise if you put coilovers in and your engine develops a knock that isn’t due to neglect, the engine still has warranty.
However, if you fit an aftermarket turbo kit and your engine leans out and blows up, that won’t be covered...
Doing modifications does not automatically void the warranty. Well not for most manufactures How can they say it is fair to void warranty on something not even related?
Oh, and the speculation regarding forced induction from TRD is for a supercharger kit, not a turbo kit. And if there is TRD kit available through the dealer network it would be unlikely that this would void warranty. There may be some limitations on the engine warranty, but i wouldn’t expect it would be void.

ANd if anyone is *seriosuly* intersted in aftermarket turbo kits, PM me. I know someone quite well who will be developng kits as soon as the car is released.