follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 09-28-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
SubaSteve
Captain Cocoa

Drives: CBS BRZ MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Saved a subie today

Was making drinks at work(Starbucks) and noticed smoke coming out from underneath the hood of a customers car. She was inside the building so the car wasn't running. I'm talking a good amount of smoke was coming out. I of course asked her to pop the hood to see the source of the smoke. She told me she had her oil changed so I checked the oil level. Man at first after whipping and checking the levels I thought to myself wtf this is wrong check again. I did it a second time and it was still a good inch above the max line.

Now I told her I was no mechanic but she should take it back to where she had it done(it was close) and have them fix it. I'm going to assume because she got it done when she bought her tires and it was one of those "free" oil changes. So either they cheaped out an just "topped" her oil off or someone doesn't know the difference between 4.2q and 7q.

Anyone have any input on what could of caused it to smoke in the engine bay. I hope it didn't flood the engine.
SubaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:58 PM   #2
chulooz
Registered you sir

Drives: 99 impreza coupe
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
An inch above max is an inch into the danger zone, depending on how much she drove its either nothing or a list ofissue.
chulooz is offline   Reply With Quote