follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 08-10-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
smithChart

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Toyota University FRS Manual

I just got my car serviced at Servco Toyota (it's the only dealer of toyota vehicles and the official servicing center in Hawaii) and the empolyee showed me the training manual for the frs. He explained that the chirping was due to the engine configuration and that there really isn't a true fix yet.

He also said he missed the training but that's what the guy servicing my car said. So, I took what he said with a grain of salt.

Has anyone ever seen these training slides? I'm curious to see what else is in it. I'm going to give him a call today to see if I can get a copy... but I doubt he'll be able to scan the slides for me.
smithChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:36 PM   #2
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,130 Times in 1,195 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithChart View Post
I just got my car serviced at Servco Toyota (it's the only dealer of toyota vehicles and the official servicing center in Hawaii) and the empolyee showed me the training manual for the frs. He explained that the chirping was due to the engine configuration and that there really isn't a true fix yet.

He also said he missed the training but that's what the guy servicing my car said. So, I took what he said with a grain of salt.

Has anyone ever seen these training slides? I'm curious to see what else is in it. I'm going to give him a call today to see if I can get a copy... but I doubt he'll be able to scan the slides for me.
That bolded part is all I need to know..nothing like a game of telephone to distort information...plus the HPFP has been dissected and the alleged culprit of the chirp has been found inside
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:59 PM   #3
campy
No rice, no life

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Thanked 1,019 Times in 388 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
It doesn't matter what he believes, it's his job to replace that part when the car makes that chirping sound.
campy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 03:39 PM   #4
smithChart

Drives: Whiteout FRS
I actually asked them not to change the part this go around for servicing. I was in a rush to get my car back since I needed it that day so he said he'll just put "customer monitor" on it. This way it's documented and I won't have to get into explaining again next time what the issue is.

Has anyone had any luck after the high pressure fuel pump issue? I feel like replacing it with the same part doesn't really fix anything...
smithChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #5
@Art_Mighty
uosɹǝdʎɐl ʇɹǝdxǝ

Drives: Asphalt AVO FR-S w/a Slushbox! :P
Quote:
...the empolyee showed me the training manual for the frs...

+1

...because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn
@Art_Mighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #6
EK_Golfer

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S AT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
I actually asked them not to change the part this go around for servicing. I was in a rush to get my car back since I needed it that day so he said he'll just put "customer monitor" on it. This way it's documented and I won't have to get into explaining again next time what the issue is.

Has anyone had any luck after the high pressure fuel pump issue? I feel like replacing it with the same part doesn't really fix anything...
There are plenty of people who have replaced the hpfp and had the chirping return. I just had it replaced, driven about 250mi, no chirping thus far.
EK_Golfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:02 PM   #7
feldy

Drives: 2013 FRS Asphalt
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
I got it fixed last year and was fine until I flashed it for e85 then they came back.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:18 PM   #8
Sigh-on-Rice
Waited 5 years for this

Drives: '18 MX-5 Club
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Which one did you go to? I got it replaced at Mapunapuna one 2 1/2 months ago. I'll make 3k miles tomorrow on this new pump and it still has no chirp. The original pump had almost 11k miles. The new pump actually has the same part number but it's supposed to be a bit redesigned part from what I hear. But it's true that there isn't true fix yet. If the noise isn't loud enough to annoy you or make others notice it and ask you about it, then waiting for the true fix probably is a better choice.
Sigh-on-Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #9
HI

Drives: 2013 FR-S Ultramarine
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
I had mine replaced at the Waipahu servco and it fixes it for about 3,000 miles and the. Came back. I'm waiting to see if they will release another hpfp that is a permanent fix.
HI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #10
Evil Jesus

Drives: '13 FR-S Raven 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Mine came back after only about 50-75 miles.
Evil Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote