follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 07-17-2013, 11:50 PM   #1
Doborder
Godzilla Konvert

Drives: DMG BRZ Limited 6MT 2013
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Reporting problems with the car safercar.gov

With all of the "problems" that people have encounter with this vehicle, I thought there would be a ton of reports on safercar.gov.
Unfortunately, either the problems are overblown or under reported, the manufacturer will never push out TSB or fixes if the problems are not reported.

I did a quick search and only 5 reports for SCION FRS and two of them were related to DI

3 Subaru BRZ reports and only one DI problem.

At this rate... we will never get a TSB

I know there is a lot of concern about the DI injectors failing. For all of those that actually had failures, please report it to safercar.gov so the government will force Toyota and Subaru to push out a TSB.

safercar.gov

Please help out the community and report this so a TSB can be put out asap
Old 07-18-2013, 11:24 AM   #2
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Unless the DI injectors failing results in the car suddenly going off the road or igniting on fire, then it really isn't a safety issue.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:29 AM   #3
supramkivtt2jz
PROUD OF BOXER

Drives: Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
@SkullWorks says he did not identify any serious wear on the pump piston shaft and feels that it should not wear out any time soon
Old 07-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #4
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doborder View Post
With all of the "problems" that people have encounter with this vehicle, I thought there would be a ton of reports on safercar.gov.
Unfortunately, either the problems are overblown or under reported, the manufacturer will never push out TSB or fixes if the problems are not reported.

I did a quick search and only 5 reports for SCION FRS and two of them were related to DI

3 Subaru BRZ reports and only one DI problem.

At this rate... we will never get a TSB

I know there is a lot of concern about the DI injectors failing. For all of those that actually had failures, please report it to safercar.gov so the government will force Toyota and Subaru to push out a TSB.

safercar.gov

Please help out the community and report this so a TSB can be put out asap
You can only report problems to the NHTSA and that website that could cause potential danger and/or destruction of the vehicle. The DI issue isn't hugely widespread and I wouldn't doubt CSGmike already reported his car to that and other people as well.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote