follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southern California

Southern California SoCal

User Tag List

Old 05-12-2013, 11:13 PM   #1
Yellow_Jacket

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Central Coast FRS/BRZ

Had a great time this weekend autocrossing with a fellow FRS driver at the Santa Maria Airport! The car was loads of fun on the course and got to experience a bit of power slide . If anyone else is around the central coast area, we should organize a group drive on some winding roads in the area. We took a few black vs white photos after the event.
Attached Images

Yellow_Jacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:46 PM   #2
KelvinBRZ
GBS Mafia Member

Drives: with Snow mode on
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Awesome pics! I'd be down for a drive once I get my BRZ at the end of this month. The drive through Chumash territory seems fun.
KelvinBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:27 AM   #3
celeritasrota

Drives: 2013 Raven FR-S
Very nice, your pics turned out much better than mine! Even my "respect the slide" didn't work. Great weekend though. Looks like there's another one towards the end of June - same place, different club. Already looking into a tire upgrade...
celeritasrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:28 PM   #4
Yellow_Jacket

Kelvin, awesome! What color is your BRZ going to be? I guess there is still a waiting list for the BRZ? Like celeritasrota said there is another autocross event with the Porsche club on June 22 I believe. That should be real fun.

Celeritasrota, yeah it was a fun weekend! What was the extend of damage to your wheel well? Either way, better to have some plastic damage than engine. The June autox with the Porsche club fills up real quick when they open the registration to the none porsche folks (June 6 or 8). So have to register on that day if you want to get in on it.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:52 AM   #5
celeritasrota

Luckily, the wheel well was unrelated and easy to fix. Just have to sit around while the parts get shipped in. Looking forward to getting back out there again soon. Would be cool to see a BR-Z making some runs too!

Looks like there's another 805 thread popping up: Any 805'ers here?
Old 05-17-2013, 04:49 PM   #6
Yellow_Jacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by celeritasrota View Post
Luckily, the wheel well was unrelated and easy to fix. Just have to sit around while the parts get shipped in. Looking forward to getting back out there again soon. Would be cool to see a BR-Z making some runs too!

Looks like there's another 805 thread popping up: Any 805'ers here?
Yeah, glad to see there are other's in our area interested to do some drives. However, have you seen this thread??
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36527

Driving on the track is a lot more intense I'm sure you already know. But $90 for a track day is very cheap. Haha, might be fun to burn your tires out on the track and learn a bit about drifting before switching the tires out
Old 05-20-2013, 12:24 AM   #7
celeritasrota

I like your thinking! Can't this weekend, but next chance, will do Definitely need to find an excuse for new tires. What tires are you running on?
Old 05-20-2013, 11:54 PM   #8
Yellow_Jacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by celeritasrota View Post
I like your thinking! Can't this weekend, but next chance, will do Definitely need to find an excuse for new tires. What tires are you running on?
I'm running on Michelin Pilot Super Sports. These are awesome tires! Probably one of the best out there right now. The grip is really good. Road noise didn't change but the ride felt better. There is actually a thread in the wheels and tire section talking about this tire. You can find a fairly good deal on them at Costco.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:14 PM   #9
CamoFRS

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Hey guys! Hopefully I can resurrect this thread..

I got to participate in my first autocross at Santa Maria last weekend. Now I'm spending every chance I get planning for my next one!

It would be great to plan a weekend drive on the roads around the central coast. I've been trying to find an excuse to explore the roads in Los Olivos to see where they filmed Death Proof...
CamoFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 11:09 PM   #10
cycleboy

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S - Argento
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoFRS View Post
Hey guys! Hopefully I can resurrect this thread..

I got to participate in my first autocross at Santa Maria last weekend. Now I'm spending every chance I get planning for my next one!

It would be great to plan a weekend drive on the roads around the central coast. I've been trying to find an excuse to explore the roads in Los Olivos to see where they filmed Death Proof...
I'm often on those roads where Death Proof was filmed, but usually on my road bike or in the Xterra to go hiking. They are fun in the FR-S too!

My weekends seem to evaporate and I never get time to go out and have car fun, but someday.
cycleboy is offline   Reply With Quote