follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

AUSTRALIA Australia and New Zealand

User Tag List

Old 12-04-2011, 02:13 PM   #1
Smacca

Drives: 2004 Mazda MX-5 SE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Intro for New Aus/NZ Members

Hi guys, thought I'd start a local meet & greet post...

New to the forum here after instantly falling in love with the production version of the 86. I've been watching the car's development with much interest from the beginning, but lost hope when rumours of a 60k price tag and 2013 release date took swing.

My last ride was a modded NB MX-5 SE turbo and I've been craving another lightweight RWD coupe ever since (hello 86!!!).

After convincing myself it was time to get car-sensible I ordered a new VW Polo GTI (so much BFYB at only 32k drive away!) in Feb 11. And after 10 months I'm still waiting for a production date.

But now that the 86 is only 6 months away for only 8k(?) more, I'm one step away from canning the VW order and waltzing into my nearest Toyota dealership with a deposit.

Anyway, looking forward to sharing the purchase, delivery and modding journey with you all. And especially the cruise and track days with those of you in Sydney.

Cheers,

Smacca.
Smacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:17 AM   #2
tega

Drives: AE71
Hi,

My names Travis and i live in the lower blue mountains. I've been following the 86 half heartedly for a few years but have really been interested in it in the last 10 months or so building up to the official unveiling. I have a AE71 drift car thats pretty much track only, though it does still have rego. I have been drifting for 3-4 years, with all of this year off unfortunately due to a new mortgage

I cant wait for the final details and pricing on the Australian version so i can work out what i'm going to do. Ultimately its going to be a white manual 86. I'm sick of trying to avoid populated roads in the corolla to drive something fun on the street so hopefully this is going to become my fun/weekend car.

Thanks guys,

Travis
tega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:48 AM   #3
Scoobydoo_nz

Drives: Subaru
First NZ poster? Am contemplating getting the BRZ but they don't get released here until December, and for a fairly steep 60k as well.. so I don't know. That's certainly a lot more compared to overseas markets, so i don't know if it's a price paid to be one of the first, or if that will be the standard RRP. Time will tell I guess..
Scoobydoo_nz is offline   Reply With Quote