follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 08-16-2012, 03:49 PM   #1
FRSowner
Banned

Drives: Hot Lava A/T
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
audio varies

Hi all,
I've had my car a couple months but I've just noticed something the past couple weeks. When I turn on the stereo and select what station to listen to, the volume level is kinda low, then after about 5 seconds, it increases significantly. After the initial increase, it does not vary.
This has caught me off guard a few times as I manually increase the volume and then it gets too loud a few seconds later and I have to lower it manually.
Anyone else notice this or has my stereo become haunted?
FRSowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #2
elbachatero1

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ 6MT Limited WRB
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSowner View Post
Hi all,
I've had my car a couple months but I've just noticed something the past couple weeks. When I turn on the stereo and select what station to listen to, the volume level is kinda low, then after about 5 seconds, it increases significantly. After the initial increase, it does not vary.
This has caught me off guard a few times as I manually increase the volume and then it gets too loud a few seconds later and I have to lower it manually.
Anyone else notice this or has my stereo become haunted?
Could it be when it converts it to HD? When I'm listening to the radio it changes how loud it is and when it goes back and forth from HD
Old 08-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #3
Yruyur

Drives: Scion fr-s asphalt M/T
Thanked 1,631 Times in 941 Posts
Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Most likely hd, just watch the display when it happens. The stereo also has auto sound leveling based on noise which you can adjust for , its in the stereo manual.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #4
rice_classic

Drives: Nevermorange FRS
Thanked 4,200 Times in 1,803 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
It's the HD radio. Picks up the non-HD station first then once the HD signal is detected it transitions and poof, there's your difference. You didn't notice it sounds significantly better after that happens right?
rice_classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #5
FRSowner
Banned

Drives: Hot Lava A/T
You guys are correct - it was the HD setting. I tried it both ways and it only does this when HD is 'on'.
Thanks.
FRSowner is offline   Reply With Quote