follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

AUSTRALIA Australia and New Zealand

User Tag List

Old 07-31-2012, 03:17 AM   #1
spr1nter

Drives: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Order cancelled - At a loss what to do!

Hi guys,

As some of you will know I ordered on the 7th June, a tornado grey manual GTS and was lucky as I was informed that my estimated delivery date was the 23rd Nov 2012.

I just got home and opened the mail all excited as I could see I had received a letter from the dealership at which I had placed my order. Unfortunately it was more of a letdown than James Magnussen swim in the relay the other night. . . .

My order has been cancelled. Yes cancelled and a cheque for my $2k deposit was enclosed. I immediately rang the dealership to discuss things further as this was the first I was hearing about it. Basically, as I have put on my contract: delivery by March 2013, they had stated that they no longer believed they would be able to provide delivery by this date and cancelled the order with no prior consultation so I have now lost my place in any kind of queue.

I am not interested in discussing if this is right or wrong as it is what it is and I can’t change it. But please I’m all up for suggestions on where to go from here!! I’m pretty set on a GTS and it must be manual but entering the queue now is suicide. . . Do I try for a BRZ with a few options? Is the wait just as long on these? Ring all dealerships in the country and try for something available now? Open to any ideas.. ... .

Cheers guys. . . .Absolutely shattered
spr1nter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:26 AM   #2
Nardi330

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
this really really sucks! i feel for you!!!

which dealer is this? i can't believe it.

i guess if it's me i would call as many dealers as i can.
Nardi330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:31 AM   #3
traybelles

Drives: GT86
I can only imagine how devastated you must be
traybelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:35 AM   #4
Sutty

Drives: Sonic Blue 86 GTS 6AT
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Garage
What a shit state of affairs that is.

My recommendation would be to start ringing other dealers. Start with the smaller country dealers that are likely to be selling more 4wd and Utes than sedans, as they are more likely to have an 86 unsold or unallocated. It took me 4 phone calls to locate an unallocated GTS about two weeks ago.

If you are not too choosy you could always start speaking with dealers about buying an ex-demo, my local dealer said they had to keep demos for 90 days so that time would be up in the next 6 weeks or so.

Best of luck and hope you find something.
Sutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:39 AM   #5
Loki556

Drives: RA23
SEt up an alert on Carsales and ring around. People do cancel orders, you just need to jump on it when the opportunity arises.

PS: That dealer treatment is crap.
Loki556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:55 AM   #6
Devie

Drives: Tornado Grey 86 GTS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
What the... that just makes no sense.
Devie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:00 AM   #7
TheDemons

Drives: Sonic Blue GTS
That's absolutely crap!
Like stated above, call all the dealerships you can to find an unallocated one, or buy a demo.
Best of luck with finding one!
TheDemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:04 AM   #8
nix

Drives: AVO BRZ
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Garage
I think you should settle for a GT manual, or just give up on this car for the time being. As much as I love it, it's not worth planning the next year or 2 of your life around.

PS. Really sorry about what happened, I guess that's karma being a bitch. You could have wriggled out of the contract with full refund without writing delivery date into it.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:20 AM   #9
JiB

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
that is shitty
Old 07-31-2012, 04:22 AM   #10
panayi

Drives: 86gts
I don't understand how they can do that ? It's absolutely crap!
Have you tried calling Toyota ?
panayi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:27 AM   #11
spr1nter

Drives: 0
Dealership was Hinterland Toyota Robina. The feelings of disbelief are definitely giving way to anger. I was shown the number or orders for the dealership when I made mine and I was only one of five orders. According to the number of orders and the stock he claimed they were getting, whilst talking on the phone this afternoon, mine should of definitely been right for November delivery.

I live in Brisbane and this was a more ‘country’ dealership then my local which is why I went there as Hilux orders outweighed 86 orders massively, and like I said I was order number 5. The shittest part is I wasn’t called to discuss. All I got was a hand written letter in the mail . . . at least it had a cheque attached I guess
spr1nter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:29 AM   #12
H8R GTS

Drives: Probably not an 86 GTS
Dude that's horrible .... No call to see if you want to remove that delivery date is pretty poor form.

I am starting to think come September/October, when alot of people who made orders around the time of price announcement are under the impression that their cars are going to be built, are going to find out there's has been pushed back and the aggravation levels are going to start going right up.

I am at a bit of a loss to work out how Toyota (Both TCMA and Toyota Japan) can think they are handling this well. Considering all the talk when this car was being developed was about bringing people back to the brand and developing brand loyalty, they have done nothing to do either. There was talk some time back that Australia is the 4th largest market demands for 86’s, could you imagine being in a country that it like the 15th largest demand ?? I have heard a few people say they won’t buy another Toyota ever …. I am not ready to go that far, but it is only going to take a few more set backs with the 86 for me to get on the “my last Toyota ever” boat.

Again mate, condolences …. Hope you have some luck in finding one you want before we all drive hover car’s !!
H8R GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:34 AM   #13
czar07

Drives: '97 RSP JZZ30 GT-T
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
thats bullshit mate. I would be ringing up toyota and lodging a complaint. then call up other dealerships and see what they have

Germans>Japanese>Italians>Americans. Unless its a Corvette.
czar07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:39 AM   #14
Satu23

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
That really is appalling how the dealer has handled this... i would have at least expected them to give you a call to discuss further at least! Where's the etiquette...

As others have said, start calling every dealership out in the country to see if they have one available, if not that even interstate
Satu23 is offline   Reply With Quote