follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 04-16-2017, 01:28 AM   #1
BushidoSpirit

Drives: 2016 Halo FR-S, 1982 VW Rabbit
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BushidoSpirit's 2016 Halo Build

Hey guys, I've been lurking for awhile now (even before picking up my FR-S) and decided it's time to start a build thread to keep track of my journey, whichever route that goes.

I love all things old so buying this car was way out of my comfort zone. My first car is a 1982 VW Rabbit which I just finished painting and doing body work on. It still runs, but as far as what I want to do with it, it's very limited. The FR-S is my first DD as well as my first manual car.

I figured that a nice canvas like the FR-S would allow me to build something that represents me, in all of its stages of growth and probable failures. The current aim is to build a street car using quality parts and enjoy backroad touge every now and then.

Anyway...on with the pictures!

Currently how she sits.

[6/19/2016] First day I picked her up. Was literally a few minutes away from them drilling holes in the bumper for the plate...glad I was able to catch them lol. The following week or so, I changed out all the bulbs and got some clear side markers.

[7/23/2016] Took out the rear tails and painted them with VHT Red; clear coated after. Looks a hell of a lot nicer imo.

[7/29/2016] Picked up an N1 from a local for a really good price.

[10/25/2016] Bought a Fumoto drain valve and picked up the Fortune Auto Series 500 coilovers; 6k/7k spring rates.

Really impressed with the quality and build of these. On full soft, these ride pretty damn close to the OEM struts (at least to me).

[11/12/2016] Picked up some wheels from a local. They are plastidipped gold really well, so I let it stay. I'll ride it out till they start peeling enough for me to be annoyed. Although I really didn't want to run a staggered setup, the price for these Work Kiwamis with MPSS tires had me sold.

Not much happened after this. Winter time here in Canada hit and just ruined all motivation to do anything. Stored the car for a little while, but ended up bringing it back on after missing it (I rust proofed it the day I picked it up). Did loads of reading on various builds, trying to see how people find certain products. I do have plans for the car styling wise, but for now I'm enjoying just driving it without worrying about scraping and whatnot. The goal is to stick to N/A (hitting 200whp would be nice lol) and focus on developing as a driver. AutoX, open lapping, and some drift days is definitely something I want to get a taste of in the future.

[3/31/2017] OFT Tablet finally arrived! The dreaded torque dip made me hate the performance of the car but it ended up giving me more confidence to push it and keep it in higher RPMs rather than expect a surge of torque anywhere. No purchase regrets at all.

[4/11/2017] I figure the only logical route now that I have the OFT is to move from stage 1 to stage 2, so I purchased JDL UEL headers. Requested it to be Cerakote'd, so I'll see how that goes with some temp gun checks post install. Hopefully I'll find time on a weekend to install them once they get here; still need to buy new gaskets as well.

To do/to buy:
- Oil change (Amsoil 0W-20 Signature Series (?))
- Diff/tranny oil change (undecided)
- New tires (summer tires; undecided)
- Brake pads (undecided)
- SS brake lines

Last edited by BushidoSpirit; 04-16-2017 at 04:36 PM.
BushidoSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 01:33 AM   #2
BushidoSpirit

[4/26/2017] Got a shipment of stuff along with my JDL UEL headers. The finish is fantastic and I'm very happy to about it so far. Hoping to have it installed by Friday.

That's all for now.

Last edited by BushidoSpirit; 04-26-2017 at 08:54 PM.
BushidoSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BushidoSpirit For This Useful Post:
dattran86 (07-07-2017), StraightOuttaCanadaEh (04-26-2017)
Old 04-26-2017, 08:55 PM   #3
BushidoSpirit

[Reserved for future pics]