follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 06-19-2016, 02:35 PM   #29
G-awesome

Drives: 2015 Firestorm Scion FRS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibble View Post
Your tune looks much better.....

Can I just check - did you apply the JDL specific AVCS timing to your tune?

If not, was is just OTS OFT Stg 2 UEL AVCS timing or did you customise?
For my latest revision, I'm using the JDL AVCS maps from Shiv. Previous versions, I had Wayno's stg2 v104 AVCS map. I haven't used Wayno's v104 map aggresively enough to come up with a concrete opinion (and I'm a rookie at this so I can't feel all the little details compared to a pro) but the JDL map feels a bit more smooth and had some pep when banging through gears in sport mode.

FYI, mine's a auto transmission. Oh and here's the latest log I cranked out today: http://www.datazap.me/u/gawesome/201...zoom=3209-3445 Still combing through the data but I still have a tiny bit of flkc and knock correction on first look. AFR and IAM looks solid to me though.
G-awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 07:08 PM   #30
Wayno

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-awesome View Post
For my latest revision, I'm using the JDL AVCS maps from Shiv. Previous versions, I had Wayno's stg2 v104 AVCS map. I haven't used Wayno's v104 map aggresively enough to come up with a concrete opinion (and I'm a rookie at this so I can't feel all the little details compared to a pro) but the JDL map feels a bit more smooth and had some pep when banging through gears in sport mode.

FYI, mine's a auto transmission. Oh and here's the latest log I cranked out today: http://www.datazap.me/u/gawesome/201...zoom=3209-3445 Still combing through the data but I still have a tiny bit of flkc and knock correction on first look. AFR and IAM looks solid to me though.
You need to try the 107 and overrun tables.
Wayno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wayno For This Useful Post:
G-awesome (06-21-2016)
Old 06-21-2016, 07:15 PM   #31
G-awesome

Drives: 2015 Firestorm Scion FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno View Post
You need to try the 107 and overrun tables.
I didn't check your thread in a while...didn't know you updated your tunes to v107 already!
G-awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 08:17 PM   #32
Wayno

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibble View Post
Your tune looks much better.....

Can I just check - did you apply the JDL specific AVCS timing to your tune?

If not, was is just OTS OFT Stg 2 UEL AVCS timing or did you customise?
What people are calling the "jdl specific avcs tables" are simply the OTS UEL E85 tables as I said before. The newer maps are much more sophisticated and nicer to tune and I would use them for both UEL petrol and UEL E85, regardless of brand. They are identical over 5000 rpm anyway, so the only thing that will change your peak power is fuel and timing. But don't listen to me.
Attached Images

G-awesome (06-21-2016)
Old 06-21-2016, 08:20 PM   #33
Wayno

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-awesome View Post
I didn't check your thread in a while...didn't know you updated your tunes to v107 already!
You should copy di ratios, avcs, overrun maf, throttle and whatever else. Just use your own maf and timing already developed. I would recommend the OL and CL fuel tables too.
G-awesome (06-21-2016)
Old 06-22-2016, 02:11 AM   #34
fibble

Drives: 2015 86 GTS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno View Post
What people are calling the "jdl specific avcs tables" are simply the OTS UEL E85 tables as I said before. The newer maps are much more sophisticated and nicer to tune and I would use them for both UEL petrol and UEL E85, regardless of brand. They are identical over 5000 rpm anyway, so the only thing that will change your peak power is fuel and timing. But don't listen to me.
Thanks Wayno - agreed.

The only distinction was the different OTS AVCS Exhaust mapping for UEL compared to UEL E85 in V2.076 - which I already standardised to the UEL E85 values across the board (which also happen to be the original "JDL" values Shiv provided). I don't see the intent in the two different maps - my guess its just something that evolved.

I will get around to looking at the AVCS values in your maps - after I waste some more time playing with timing on Stage 1 tune
fibble is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fibble For This Useful Post:
G-awesome (06-22-2016)
Old 10-09-2016, 06:13 PM   #35
pepe

Drives: gt86
I can use without catted header JDL without tune ? Knowing that without tune not take the maximum power, but not matter to me.
I do not want to have engine problems misfeeds.
I do not like to change the original tune, I have fear of not going well.
To use headers without tune, not having CEL? injectors have no problems?
Very thanks!
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 02:21 PM   #36
renfield90
The Stig's German cousin

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe View Post
I can use without catted header JDL without tune ? Knowing that without tune not take the maximum power, but not matter to me.
I do not want to have engine problems misfeeds.
I do not like to change the original tune, I have fear of not going well.
To use headers without tune, not having CEL? injectors have no problems?
Very thanks!
Having a little trouble following you, but:

Catted header = you should be fine without a tune
Non-catted header = you need a tune, or else you will get a check engine light

There are no concerns with the injectors or anything else when replacing the header.
renfield90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 02:31 PM   #37
pepe

Drives: gt86
Very thanks
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 09:17 PM   #38
HotlavaFRSGT86
Keep ICE alive+manuals

Drives: 2015 Hot Lava 6 spd
Oft with UEL JDL header

From all who are already experienced with this this year(when the weather gets warm and stays warm as my FRS is tucked away in the garage for the winter) i want to run a catted header as i live in a part of PA that i have to take a somewhat stringent emissions test, is it an absolute no-no to run the stage 2 OFT tune with a catted header? Or should i just stay with the stage 1? I know i'll still gain more power by adding the header, but not quite as much as would with a stage 2. What really are the long term affects of running a stage 2 with the UEL? I know the JDL is a high flow cat, so that should at least compensate for the stage 2 i would think. I have worked on cars for years and not trying to gloat, but i know a pretty good deal, but i'm still pretty new on computerized tuning and the fact that EVERYTHING on cars now goes thru the computer. I thank yinz in advance for your input. 👍
HotlavaFRSGT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 11:04 AM   #39
tato.valverde

Drives: Scion FRS RS1.0,Mazda MX-6 2.5i 4WS
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotlavaFRSGT86 View Post
From all who are already experienced with this this year(when the weather gets warm and stays warm as my FRS is tucked away in the garage for the winter) i want to run a catted header as i live in a part of PA that i have to take a somewhat stringent emissions test, is it an absolute no-no to run the stage 2 OFT tune with a catted header? Or should i just stay with the stage 1? I know i'll still gain more power by adding the header, but not quite as much as would with a stage 2. What really are the long term affects of running a stage 2 with the UEL? I know the JDL is a high flow cat, so that should at least compensate for the stage 2 i would think. I have worked on cars for years and not trying to gloat, but i know a pretty good deal, but i'm still pretty new on computerized tuning and the fact that EVERYTHING on cars now goes thru the computer. I thank yinz in advance for your input. 👍
I have ran my catted UEL JDL headers with Stage 2 for over a year now, no issues. That being said, I changed the timing according to Shiv's numbers for the JDL UEL, and you NEED to data log every now and then to make sure you're not having any knock.

Some people say the cat will burn out eventually, but hey, wear and tear, right?
tato.valverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 10:31 PM   #40
HotlavaFRSGT86
Keep ICE alive+manuals

Drives: 2015 Hot Lava 6 spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by tato.valverde View Post
I have ran my catted UEL JDL headers with Stage 2 for over a year now, no issues. That being said, I changed the timing according to Shiv's numbers for the JDL UEL, and you NEED to data log every now and then to make sure you're not having any knock.

Some people say the cat will burn out eventually, but hey, wear and tear, right?
Yes it may burn the cat out early from what i've read and then thought in depth why it may. I do always run 93 so that should cut down the possibility of knocking/pinging. Do u just go on OFT's website for the timing maps for the JDL and download them to the tablet?
Old 02-14-2017, 10:31 AM   #41
tato.valverde

Drives: Scion FRS RS1.0,Mazda MX-6 2.5i 4WS
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotlavaFRSGT86 View Post
Yes it may burn the cat out early from what i've read and then thought in depth why it may. I do always run 93 so that should cut down the possibility of knocking/pinging. Do u just go on OFT's website for the timing maps for the JDL and download them to the tablet?
It is somewhere in this forum. Look for AVCS JDL UEL
tato.valverde is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tato.valverde For This Useful Post:
HotlavaFRSGT86 (02-14-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 05:25 PM   #42
fibble

Drives: 2015 86 GTS
Last time I checked the "JDL specific timing" had been integrated into the V2.076 tunes. Its now all the same - there is no longer any "different" JDL timing.

Feel free to check....

If not:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=10
fibble is offline   Reply With Quote