follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 08:15 PM   #141
Maximania

Drives: ~
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by calispec View Post
From what I have heard they can't keep the belt from slipping with the 66. I actually made MORE and consistent power with the 75 than the 70 non intercooler. I have also heard that the charge cooler cut intake temps in half. Hopefully it is efficient enough to not heat soak with a 20 min track time.
Sorry, just to be clear, you made more power on the 75mm pulley with intercooler than the 70mm without intercooler??
Old 12-16-2013, 09:55 PM   #142
calispec

Drives: Subaru BRZ with Delicious Innovate
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximania View Post
Sorry, just to be clear, you made more power on the 75mm pulley with intercooler than the 70mm without intercooler??
No.. I made MORE power on the 75mm pulley than i did with the 70mm pulley.... BOTH WITHOUT an intercooler..

there was one other variable.. the second tuner was @delicious on the 75mm pulley.. so that might be a factor.. bill also told me not to run the 70 without an intercooler on 93 because it might be hard to make consistent power.. and I track it.. ill get the intercooler as soon as that white shit is done falling from the sky and I can actually do something with the extra power.

Take a look at my build thread in my signature.. there are graphs there.. it is a V-Dyno graph but I did some testing to see if it could be trusted.. also in the build thread.. and surprisingly the runs were very repeatable.. the numbers might not be perfect but you can definitely see changes which is all I am concerned with.. Ill get a chassis dyno once I am done screwing around to see how it compares to others...
Old 12-18-2013, 12:24 AM   #143
Maximania

Drives: ~
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
that's wierd. I read that they tried a 66mm pulley but it only gained like 1 psi more than the 70mm. So the boost provided by 75mm pulley is pretty much the limit for this supercharger? Or does it have to do with the superior tuning at Delicious?
Old 12-18-2013, 07:48 AM   #144
calispec

Drives: Subaru BRZ with Delicious Innovate
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximania View Post
that's wierd. I read that they tried a 66mm pulley but it only gained like 1 psi more than the 70mm. So the boost provided by 75mm pulley is pretty much the limit for this supercharger? Or does it have to do with the superior tuning at Delicious?
non intercooled there isn't much to be gained by going to the 70mm pulley with stock exhaust and not running e85.. charge temps get a little too high and you can't run aggressive timing. I noticed pretty inconsistent power because the ecu kept pulling timing. With the intercooler there is a small pressure drop across the cooler and obviously it cools the charge so it is advantageous to run the 70mm pulley.

The combination of getting out of the efficiency range of the supercharger and the belt slipping with the 66mm pulley caused the minimal gains..

innovate will be selling a 69mm pulley. Why 69mm? look hard enough on the google and you might find something similar... because it is an off the shelf part.. maybe not the bolt pattern or offset but the less they have to machine the less it will cost and they can pass the savings on to us .. how much will 1 mm do?? probably as much as losing 10 lbs.. i dunno.. but if numbers are what you are going for why not.. ill stick with my 70..

Closed Thread

Tags
visconsneaky?