follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 11-26-2019, 05:04 PM   #3781
tigermack
STX 188

Drives: STX BRZ
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to tigermack
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
I have these wrapped around the cans in the trunk

http://www.karcepts.com/shop/product.php?id_product=122
Can't you just buy some pool noodles and cut them up? $1??? lol
Old 11-27-2019, 07:27 AM   #3782
steverife

Drives: 2016 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Pool noodles it is!
steverife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 09:41 AM   #3783
e1_griego

Drives: Many
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I did it differently (stupidly?) and dismounted the spare tire (still used the steel wheel to hold up the trunk floor), and the reservoirs are mounted under there.

I figured I was never going to use the spare tire anyway but it's obviously a risk.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to e1_griego For This Useful Post:
steverife (11-27-2019)
Old 11-27-2019, 10:36 AM   #3784
steverife

Drives: 2016 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I did it differently (stupidly?) and dismounted the spare tire (still used the steel wheel to hold up the trunk floor), and the reservoirs are mounted under there.

I figured I was never going to use the spare tire anyway but it's obviously a risk.
I pull my spare and use that space to place the first wheel/tire and store tools, etc.
steverife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 10:48 PM   #3785
dvalue

Drives: 15 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I live in a region that has events all year. How are the yokos in these colder months?

Should I just ride out my bridgestones until the warmer weather hits?
Old 12-09-2019, 11:15 AM   #3786
DocWalt

Drives: '22 BRZ
Thanked 1,472 Times in 767 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvalue View Post
I live in a region that has events all year. How are the yokos in these colder months?

Should I just ride out my bridgestones until the warmer weather hits?
They're fucking magical in cold temps. ~40 degree start to an event and they were good by the third turn.
DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 11:47 AM   #3787
RenegadeWRX

Drives: 2013 BRZ 1999 Subaru Impreza
Hello, I'm new to this forum and working on building my 13 FRS for STX in the upcoming season. I have done a few Autocross events in my BRZ at the end of this season one was an SCCA event and*I was in STX. I bought my first BRZ in late July and I still daily drive my FRS I recently bought due to a crash on the track.
Currently I have JDL UEL headers, Tomei Expreme Ti catback, Stock tune (until I get the rest of the exhaust sorted), Perrin Inlet, Perrin drop in filter, Perrin LWCP, Feal 441 coilovers, SPC Rear LCAs, for STX purposes APEX ARC-8 17x9 wheels 245/40 RE71R tires. Just had an alignment done with -1.5* camber up front and -2* camber rear, 0 toe. I have Motul dot 4 fluid,*stainless steel lines, and Project Mu brake pads.
I have stock sway bars right now and I may want to sort that out.
What else should I do other than I know I will need some more seat time.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by RenegadeWRX; 12-18-2019 at 11:59 AM.
RenegadeWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 11:58 AM   #3788
Clutch Dog

Drives: 2017 BRZ PP , 2005 Saab 97X
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeWRX View Post
Hello, I'm new to this forum and working on building my 13 FRS for STX in the upcoming season. I have done a few Autocross events in my BRZ at the end of this season one was an SCCA event and*I was in STX. I bought my first BRZ in late July and I still daily drive my FRS I recently bought due to a crash on the track.
Currently I have JDL UEL headers, Tomei Expreme Ti catback, Stock tune (until I get the rest of the exhaust sorted), Perrin Inlet, Perrin drop in filter, Perrin LWCP, SPC Rear LCAs, for STX purposes APEX ARC-8 17x9 wheels 245/40 RE71R tires. Just had an alignment done with -1.5* camber up front and -2* camber rear, 0 toe. I have Motul dot 4 fluid,*stainless steel lines, and Project Mu brake pads.
I have stock sway bars right now and I may want to sort that out.
What else should I do other than I know I will need some more seat time.

outside sway bars and a proper coil and shock assembly just run what you have and get seat time

the fastest guys in the socal area are all C street based racers with more chops than mods.

For you, id look at my used set of AST5100 coilovers or something premium thats still set for street use but gives you a fine adjustment of dampening
camber plates for increased camber, our cars seem to love -3 plus really

and a good set of upgraded sway bars, though with a good coil and shock you might not want it or need it.

a friend of mine races with the perrin 22mm swith SPL endlinks and has his rear one removed. I prefer running the perrin 22mm with the softer FRS rear sway (I believe 15mm off the top of my head)

some guys want more rotation, but at lower speeds i find any sort of sliding is.. slow
Clutch Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 12:02 PM   #3789
RenegadeWRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch Dog View Post
outside sway bars and a proper coil and shock assembly just run what you have and get seat time

the fastest guys in the socal area are all C street based racers with more chops than mods.

For you, id look at my used set of AST5100 coilovers or something premium thats still set for street use but gives you a fine adjustment of dampening

camber plates for increased camber, our cars seem to love -3 plus really

and a good set of upgraded sway bars, though with a good coil and shock you might not want it or need it.

a friend of mine races with the perrin 22mm swith SPL endlinks and has his rear one removed. I prefer running the perrin 22mm with the softer FRS rear sway (I believe 15mm off the top of my head)

some guys want more rotation, but at lower speeds i find any sort of sliding is.. slow
Sorry I just edited my post. I have a set of Feal 441 coilovers I just installed and took off the BC BR coilovers that were on it when I bought it.

Thanks for the help, I'm not all for sliding either but rotating helps get around turns faster and pointed in the right direction quickly.

The Following User Says Thank You to RenegadeWRX For This Useful Post:
Clutch Dog (12-18-2019)
Old 12-18-2019, 12:04 PM   #3790
Clutch Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeWRX View Post
Sorry I just edited my post. I have a set of Feal 441 coilovers I just installed and took off the BC BR coilovers that were on it when I bought it.

Thanks for the help, I'm not all for sliding either but rotating helps get around turns faster and pointed in the right direction quickly.

this is correct, but only based on having that traction to pin the hammer as fast as possible.

BUT this all comes back to driver preferences and style. Im less aggressive than Pelton so I need the rotational help, but I use more momentum ( years of awd wet weather driving and rally schooling) to turn than pure friction.

I ran my tires narrower (225) for a season or two to get used to turning with the chassis rather than the body.
Old 12-18-2019, 12:12 PM   #3791
chickunfut
Low-Buck Ramp Truck

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S Release 2.0 #502
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Clutch Dog - have any photos of your car I can admire?
chickunfut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 12:27 PM   #3792
Clutch Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickunfut View Post
Clutch Dog - have any photos of your car I can admire?
Current BRZ? or the Cusco Liveried FRS?

I retired from the modified game, currently sway bar'd only BRZ limited.
Old 12-18-2019, 02:47 PM   #3793
strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,479 Times in 4,998 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
@RenegadeWRX

The spc spherical bushing is not ST legal, it's nitpicky but not that painful to correct if you plan on competing at a national level, diftech delrin replacement is my suggestion, have a local shop press out and in for a couple bucks.

Not sure what you mean by more exhaust work, seems like you're set to me so make sure your not going too far and getting yourself bumped up to SP, you need to retain one catalytic converter.

You'll definitely want more camber, read through the 2019 setup thread in this section for some more condensed info than this Leviathan. Stiffer front sway bar is standard, how stiff will depend on a ton of factors, stock won't be horrible and you can dial in your dampers and tire pressures and alignment while keeping an eye out for a used sway bar to save a couple bucks. Try to focus on driving unless the car is trying to kill you or if you've identified a particular problem to tackle, get some fun run experienced people driving the car and have fun.
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to strat61caster For This Useful Post:
RenegadeWRX (12-18-2019)
Old 12-18-2019, 02:55 PM   #3794
RenegadeWRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
@RenegadeWRX

The spc spherical bushing is not ST legal, it's nitpicky but not that painful to correct if you plan on competing at a national level, diftech delrin replacement is my suggestion, have a local shop press out and in for a couple bucks.

Try to focus on driving unless the car is trying to kill you or if you've identified a particular problem to tackle, get some fun run experienced people driving the car and have fun.
Thanks for the help I wanted to make sure I was class legal as i haven't read everything verbatim for the classing of STX. I am mainly focusing on seat time this season but want to make sure my setup is good enough to be somewhat competitive in STX with some more seat time.

The Following User Says Thank You to RenegadeWRX For This Useful Post:
strat61caster (12-18-2019)