follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics

BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics General topics for the second-gen BRZ

User Tag List

Old 04-20-2024, 03:35 PM   #29
ruturaj001

Drives: BRZ 2023
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ZDan, I am seriously considering ND3 since this thread. ND3 has new diff, steering rack and track mode. Steering improvement depending on who you ask are significant or negligible. Differential improvements are significant for track usage, mainly getting in to corner. No one has made video on track mode.

Did some digging on transmission issues as well, it's a grey area for me, worst case if it blows, I would put NC transmission in there with swap kit.

Few things I still need to figure out, safety mainly, do I fit with a black bird roll bar and pass the broomstick test.
ruturaj001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 09:48 AM   #30
DocWalt

Drives: '22 BRZ
Thanked 1,472 Times in 767 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruturaj001 View Post
ZDan, I am seriously considering ND3 since this thread. ND3 has new diff, steering rack and track mode. Steering improvement depending on who you ask are significant or negligible. Differential improvements are significant for track usage, mainly getting in to corner. No one has made video on track mode.

Did some digging on transmission issues as well, it's a grey area for me, worst case if it blows, I would put NC transmission in there with swap kit.

Few things I still need to figure out, safety mainly, do I fit with a black bird roll bar and pass the broomstick test.

NC trans is *barely* stronger than the ND trans and costs as much or more to replace... and has worse gear ratios.

Just buy a spare ND trans.

Also, the differential improvements are great for a stock car. Not ideal once you start modding, it changes the setup a lot from ND1/2.
DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 11:28 PM   #31
ruturaj001

Drives: BRZ 2023
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWalt View Post
NC trans is *barely* stronger than the ND trans and costs as much or more to replace... and has worse gear ratios.

Just buy a spare ND trans.

Also, the differential improvements are great for a stock car. Not ideal once you start modding, it changes the setup a lot from ND1/2.
It's TL70 based, so I assumed it would be about same as twins in strength.

Which mods are we talking about? Just coilovers and BBK would be an issue?
ruturaj001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 10:52 AM   #32
DocWalt

Drives: '22 BRZ
Thanked 1,472 Times in 767 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruturaj001 View Post
It's TL70 based, so I assumed it would be about same as twins in strength.

Which mods are we talking about? Just coilovers and BBK would be an issue?

It's not that strong, people break NC transmissions regularly. It's marginally stronger than the ND trans while having a lot of disadvantages.

Spring rates, bar rates, shock valving, etc. are all going to be tweaked based on how the diff behaves. It's why when people throw an untuned clutch type LSD into a twin it turns the car into an understeering mess. The OEM Torsen has very little lockup on decel and now there's decel locking and the car plows. Same issue will exist on the ND3 if the diff is truly as aggressive on decel as you're suggesting.
DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DocWalt For This Useful Post:
Ultramaroon (04-25-2024)

Tags
900brz, fa24, oil pressure