follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 01:41 PM   #6063
Nightbringer

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadstyle View Post
Listen, I get not talking about the Car-B-Que incident while it's under investigation, no problem there. What about all of his customers that have paid for tunes and are patiently awaiting updates? One area doesn't affect the other in my eyes so it would be in Visconti's best interest to come out from under the bed and get Rich out of the closet and start catching up and making things right. Instead, they have totally killed the business and continue to do so by the day. They should be conducting "business as usual" in every other area besides the Flex Fuel Kits.
Yeah I wholeheartedly agree. My post was phrased poorly. I understand them not responding in that thread, but I don't know why they've left the remainder of the forum. I'd still like to see a "We're sorry this happened"esque response. I don't expect them to apologize directly as that'd admit fault, but the last I've heard on this was "stop moaning" and "installer error". I think even just a showing of sympathy at this point would calm the proverbial storm here, at least somewhat.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:48 PM   #6064
Mitch
form follows function

Drives: RIP '13 BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2d4 View Post
This is gold...
Why? The product was unstable on the stock map, but if you specify you have an Airaid intake you'll get a tune that makes it stable. It saved me a the hassle of reverting to stock then spending more money on a new intake. Yeah, I could trade it out for something else, but I'm happy with what I have now.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:14 PM   #6065
s2d4

Drives: R32 GTR, AW11 MR2 SC, GTS86 R
Thanked 1,223 Times in 708 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
but if you specify you have an Airaid intake you'll get a tune that makes it stable.
His tune makes the turbulence go away?
Old 08-20-2013, 03:08 PM   #6066
Mitch
form follows function

Drives: RIP '13 BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2d4 View Post
His tune makes the turbulence go away?
No, but it makes it less sensitive to erratic MAF readings. I'm not certain of the details, but I don't have problems with my Airaid intake with Visconti's tune.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:17 PM   #6067
Adeets
OEDC

Drives: Vortech 8.5psi 274WHP 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Honestly visconti is done, anybody with his tune or parts should just bite the bullet and go with a safer, more community friendly, no knock, tuner.

Mind you this is coming from someone who did just that, with Dynos to prove the gains that visconti couldn't match (even with over reving the motor.)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adeets For This Useful Post:
BolognaWalrus (08-20-2013), Sportsguy83 (08-21-2013)
Old 08-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #6068
utekineir
blowhard

Drives: frs, project forester
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadstyle View Post
Listen, I get not talking about the Car-B-Que incident while it's under investigation, no problem there. What about all of his customers that have paid for tunes and are patiently awaiting updates? One area doesn't affect the other in my eyes so it would be in Visconti's best interest to come out from under the bed and get Rich out of the closet and start catching up and making things right. Instead, they have totally killed the business and continue to do so by the day. They should be conducting "business as usual" in every other area besides the Flex Fuel Kits.
^this 100%

I bought my frz in July. Have been researching tunes and fi heavily since. The vortech package through visconti was the choice I was leaning heavily toward. Especially because of the Connecticut location making dyno tuning an easy trip.

After seeing the direction this thread was starting to take before the car-b-que I was having second thoughts about Visconti. The handling of fire gate and forum presence since has 100% ruled Visconti out as a choice. Charging extra for safety is flat out unacceptable on its own.

As a consumer basing the entirety of my information off what I read online the only thing I see is a customer service and safety nightmare.

I know "whining here won't do any good" though, so instead I will speak with my $.
The Following User Says Thank You to utekineir For This Useful Post:
tripjammer (08-21-2013)
Old 08-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #6069
pheoxs
Hold my beer n watch this

Drives: '14 Fiesta ST / '91 240sx
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Even from a tuning aspect I'm not overly happy with his work. I've never got any revisions or updates to a tune, just the usual looks fine and then a while later I find out in this thread there's a new version, submit a request, do data logs and get another looks fine answer.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-20-2013, 04:30 PM   #6070
lexusb3
Banned

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by utekineir View Post
^this 100%

I bought my frz in July. Have been researching tunes and fi heavily since. The vortech package through visconti was the choice I was leaning heavily toward. Especially because of the Connecticut location making dyno tuning an easy trip.

After seeing the direction this thread was starting to take before the car-b-que I was having second thoughts about Visconti. The handling of fire gate and forum presence since has 100% ruled Visconti out as a choice. Charging for safety is flat out unacceptable on its own.

As a consumer basing the entirety of my information off what I read online the only thing I see is a customer service and safety nightmare.

I know "whining here won't do any good" though, so instead I will speak with my $.
Fa20club go there!!
The Following User Says Thank You to lexusb3 For This Useful Post:
chadstyle (08-21-2013)
Old 08-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #6071
utekineir
blowhard

Drives: frs, project forester
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
Even from a tuning aspect I'm not overly happy with his work. I've never got any revisions or updates to a tune, just the usual looks fine and then a while later I find out in this thread there's a new version, submit a request, do data logs and get another looks fine answer.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
This is the sort of thing I was reading consistently pre car-b-que that started the initial doubts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusb3 View Post
Fa20club go there!!
They're easily the front runner at the moment.
The Following User Says Thank You to utekineir For This Useful Post:
chadstyle (08-21-2013)
Old 08-20-2013, 04:39 PM   #6072
pheoxs
Hold my beer n watch this

Drives: '14 Fiesta ST / '91 240sx
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by utekineir View Post
This is the sort of thing I was reading consistently pre car-b-que that started the initial doubts.

They're easily the front runner at the moment.
Do it and you won't look back. I sent him logs at 10pm on a Saturday and had an updated tune in an hour. The customers service level is night and day. Then tuning wise his tune makes way more power than my vtune so I can't recommend him enough to everyone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pheoxs For This Useful Post:
chadstyle (08-21-2013), lexusb3 (08-20-2013)
Old 08-20-2013, 04:45 PM   #6073
lexusb3
Banned

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
Do it and you won't look back. I sent him logs at 10pm on a Saturday and had an updated tune in an hour. The customers service level is night and day. Then tuning wise his tune makes way more power than my vtune so I can't recommend him enough to everyone.
Agreed he done so Much to perfect my car and have enjoyed every minute
The Following User Says Thank You to lexusb3 For This Useful Post:
chadstyle (08-21-2013)
Old 08-20-2013, 05:54 PM   #6074
JDKane527

Drives: Asphalt Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
To go back on topic, have you guys tried running race fuel on the pump gas tune?
Old 08-20-2013, 09:24 PM   #6075
blubrz

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
He is still doing business as usual.
It took a week (which is still long, but not as long as before) but I did get a response to a datalog I sent (under normal priority). It was more than the usual "looks good" and answered my direct questions about why it looked good.
While not perfect, it's an improvement.
Also, now that he has a 93 octane tune (FI MAP2) it is a night and day difference over the 91.
Finally, while you can see from earlier posts that I am not a fan of the customer support, all things considered, I don't blame him for not posting a response on here.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #6076
blubrz

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDKane527 View Post
To go back on topic, have you guys tried running race fuel on the pump gas tune?
You think it would make an improvement without him adjusting the tune?
I run 93 and I didn't notice an improvement until he adjusted the tune to take advantage of it.
Plus, if you are running cats, not sure race gas is a good idea.

Closed Thread